1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun cleaning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hdbrs, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Was wondering if anyone has tried that otis cleaning kit that krieghoff sells on their website. my current rod isn't long enough for the 34 inch barrel so I've been looking around. or is the old rod and cotton patch way the best way to keep my gun cared for. how do you guys clean your guns after shooting. thanks

2. plabels466

plabels466 Member

For the last 30 years or so i have used this method....... Buy 36' x 1/2' hard wood dowels at your lumber yard....... Attach the metal fittings that come with the aluminum cleaning rods.......You will have to do some wood to metal fitting....Now you are able to use your brushes & jags...... You can cut these dowel to any size you may need.......Works for me......You can also buy thinner or thicker dowels............Pete

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Or why not just buy a coated aluminum Dewey rod made for that purpose?

Ed

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Boresnake, works especially well, when the barrel is still warm. Bill Malcolm

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

Bore snakes,,3 of em,1st one with bore cleaner,2nd one with rem oil,3rd one with Gunzilla.

Doug H. (pa)

6. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Ya im gonna look at those bore snakes.

7. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

After everytime i shoot?

8. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Bore Snake , yes.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

In my van I carry a cleaning rod with a swab on the end. The rod is made longer by adding another section from another cleaning rod Hoppes to be exact. I store it in a piece of plastic pipe that is capped at one end. I carry a spray can of carb. cleaner to use first and then spray some silicone spray. This is only temporary until I get to really cleaning it a few days later

10. dhip

dhip Active Member

Yep,after every shoot

Doug H. (pa)

11. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

The Otis kit is a nice, handy cleaning kit to carry in your bag and use when the occasion arises and you don't have access to your regular rod and other stuff. I've carried one in my shooting bag for years and used it many times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.