1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun cleaning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I recently acquired a can of AeroKroil. I found that it cleaned the bores of my shotguns every bit as well as using solvents or other chemicals. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Seems too easy. Is it OK to use this for wiping down the guns? does it provide rust and corrosion protection for the blued parts?

John

2. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

I also use kroil for gun cleaning on occasion although I now use Eezox now for tough jobs and follow up with SLP2000 EWL. The kroil does a great job, but I would not use for rust prevention. One of the above mentioned cleaner/lubes have superior rust prevention due to the penetration of the oil into the Pores of the metal since it is synthetic. It also makes cleaning easier the subsequent times you do so. Kroil is good stuff though. Have fun!

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"I recently acquired a can of AeroKroil. I found that it cleaned the bores of my shotguns every bit as well as using solvents or other chemicals."</i></blockquote>What standards did you use to arrive at that observation?

Keller

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Kroil can be amazing. i used it on my mec grabber to cure a collet pop that was messing with my primer drop. problem solved, when nothing else would work. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.