1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun cleaning concern

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pugs, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugs

Pugs TS Member

Using the same loads I use in my trapgun, a Beretta 682 Gold, I shot my Skeet gun, a Browning Citori just for a change of pace this weekend. When I clean my trapgun, usually after 2 to 3 hundred rounds, it is dirty but not exceptionally so. When I clean my skeet gun, the same way I clean my trapgun, an unusually large amount of black plastic "snot" comes out of the barrels. I replaced the Beretta chokes with Briley chokes in my trapgun but I have the Browning Invectors in my skeet gun. I use Red Dot powder, Claybuster 1 1/8 wads and Wichester primers in my reloads. I only shot one round (25 targets) of skeet last Sunday and was surprised by the amount of "snot" in each barrel. Is this indicative of a bigger problem?
    Thanks

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I have found that the finish the factory applied to the bores and the exact alloy the barrels are made of have a noticible effect on how much plastic accumulates and in what period of time. I've never tried to do anything about it; I just happen to notice that it seems to be true.

Morgan

3. mecman

mecman TS Member

I don't work for or affiliated with Kevin at Downrange, but I must say using downrange wads you find no plastic build up at all , Just my 2 cents, Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.