1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Cleaning and Clean Burning Powder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim Porter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I always smile when I see references to clean powders and gun cleaning. Here's why. I don't shoot a very expensive gun, I'm proud of it and have shot some good scores over the years. Case is, I don't like to clean it and when I do, by golly I want to feel a sense of accomplishment. I want to see BLACK gook running down both arms and dripping on to the floor. I want to use multiple patches and have to throw them away immediately because the room will smell like the city dump in an hour or so. I want my bore snake to look like a rat snake (their black). I want my Ed's Red to smell like burnt motor oil. I want my Tornado brush to just be a soft breeze at the other end of the barrel. I want powder flakes to come out the end of the barrel and stick to the ceiling. I want my friends to tell me to put my gun the the pickup bed for the ride home. I want to have to use a drill to clean my porting holes. I want my gun case to be black inside even though it was red velvetine when it was new. I want to have to use Lava for a week to clean the stains of my hands. Why clean a clean gun? I want to know I've done something to be proud of! Now, have a good day!

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I feel that way about cutting my grass.

Wait until it is 8 inches high, then you can see you did something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.