1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun case questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bkms, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkms

bkms Member

I am looking to buy a nice gun case for my 32" over/under. I want something like the browning cases but without the browning name on it. Would appreciate any help, thanks, Bob..

2. gymsoo

gymsoo TS Member

http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/pages/Offer3.htm

I recently got a take down case for my SxS and it's very nice.

Jim Gelatt
    Yakima, WA

3. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

I have all of my guns in Winchester cases and really like them. The other case that I have looked at ... but was $$$ is a Kalispel Gun Case.

T. Weber

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Give Paul a call at Warwick Gun Cases. Good product at a fair price. Ed

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The Warwick/Ameri-cases arenice but HEAVY. If you are intending to use them as travel cases they're fine but for day-to-day transportation, I suggest you look toward something lighter. A Warwick case with a O/U in it will weigh nearly 30 pounds.

Morgan

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

This case from Cabelas is a good one. Similar to Browning, for about $80.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat20772&id=0040857228241a&navCount=1&podId=0040857&parentId=cat20772&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QW&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20772&hasJS=true

Sorry. The entire URL won't fit in the URL block above.

I carry my 90T in one.

Best,
    Dennis

7. furface

furface Member

I use the Do-all from Cabela's, It's a bit heavy with two guns in it. Still airline ok for weight. One thing about it, they can throw it drive over it and it still loks good and rolls along behind you. The price is reasonable too.
    Good luck, Joe

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The $80 Cabela's case looks good in the catalog, but I bought one. It's pretty much junk and won't take a 32" barrel. Will just barely accept my 30" barrels with extended chokes.
    I have one of Paul Warwick's Cordura cases. While I wouldn't ship my gun in one on an airline, it is a very nice case. Light, and classy. Highly recommend it for carrying the gun to/from the club.

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Warwick cases are heavy but what is your gun worth to you? Its heavy but very well built for any baggage boy to TRY to distroy. My gun is worth a Warwick case. Is yours?

10. beaker100

beaker100 Member

colorado custom cases are on sale now during the winter. many styles and sizes available. call or email for a broucher. thanks doug (775)240-5645. jd28hd@aol.com

11. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"Warwick cases are heavy but what is your gun worth to you? Its heavy but very well built for any baggage boy to TRY to distroy. My gun is worth a Warwick case. Is yours?"</I>

I can only surmise that this was aimed at my post. If you will scroll up again and re-read it, you may be able to see that I wrote that they were nice cases and also said that they were good travel cases. And my gun is worth the Warwick case that I put it in to travel.

But since I am the only "baggage boy" that handles my gun and case from home to the clubs and back and since I am not given to doing the "gorilla test" on my case in those situations, lugging a 30+ pound case in and out of the trunk is both unnecessary and inconvenient.

The Browning cases the original poster refers to in comparison are light in weight and attractive and will provide adequate protection for any gun while being handled carefully by its owner.

Morgan

12. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Capt Morgan it was not aimed at you. Yes it is a heavy case but a sound case. I have to look at how others will treat it and I have to look at what just might happen from house to range and then from range to house. Thieft, car accident and so on. When I shoot the case stays in the car and I get out what I need from there. When I get to the range I don't pick up the case and carry it to another location. I just as I said leave it in the car where its safe and out of the weather and dust.

13. guncase

guncase TS Member

I ha ve just the case for you,, Briwn exterior and brown interior, will hold your o/u well. In Aluminum it weighs 15#,, in Cordura it weighs 12# either will do a great job for you!!

Capt. Morgan,, if yours weighs 30 # your o/u must weigh 15# ????

Paul @ Warwick Gun Case Co

14. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Paul, you're right...

I guess I have to allow for all the extra stuff I carry in it, right? With just the gun (10lbs 1 oz.) the case weighs right on 26 pounds on my scale. But there's no denying that using that case is the next best thing to putting wheels on my gun safe and hauling IT around.

Morgan

15. bkms

bkms Member

thanks for all the input guys. I have owned an americase for a win 101 small guage set and though it was heavy, it was one fine case. I kind of wanted to stay away from a heavy case as i dont fly and i am the only one who handles my gun. I also had a skb case for my perazzi, it was nice but the stitching was terrible and it looked so bad. Maybe i just got a bad one. Anyway thanks, i am looking at all yalls inputs. Bob...

16. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Code5coupe, the case I referenced is not the same one as the canvas covered one. This case holds a 34" barrelled gun, and it's built and furnished more like the Browning. My 90T has a 34" barrel, and it fits perfectly. The exterior is vinyl, and has reinforced edges.

I compared both of the cases in person at Cabelas. There's a huge difference in the two cases.

Best,
    Dennis

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Where can you buy a new "John Hall" gun case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.