1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Case Lock...replacement???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chiefjon, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I recently bought a Beretta, which came in a nice plastic Beretta case with 3 combo locks. It was used and when I changed the combo one of the locks jammed. I was forced to break the lock, which was quite easy. Now, the question is, where can I get another lock. The other two work fine, unfortunately the one that broke is on the "buttstock" end and it won't close completely. Any ideas on where to buy a replacement lock? Thanks for any input.

JON

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Contact Americase, they'll probably be your best bet for a new combo gun case lock. Done even try Beretta, you'll pull your hair out.

Ian

3. guncase

guncase TS Member

I have a supply of these latches,, many yrs ago I found a direct replacement latch,,Just the "flipper part" Takes 3 pop-rivets to put it on. Some latches need fitting with a dremel to make the hook part go into the lockup part. BUT,, If I can do it,, anyone can. Cost $3.00 & 1.65 Mailing,, Call Paul
    @866-868-9410,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If I put it on ,usually $20.00

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Now that is a great price and service. Ray.......

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Thanks for all the assistance. I finally found a local luggage repair guy. The combo part of the lock is what needs to be replaced.

JON

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It never fails: Delete a favorite and soon someone will need it.

I had the link for the distributor of the latches and just deleted it a week or so ago.

I could go back and search a backup hard drive if you cannot get one.

Whiz White

7. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

I bought some from Rockler Harware, Rockler.com, a few years ago to replace one of the locks on a Perrazi case, they were close enough that I only had to switch out the combo side. If you can't come up with one, let me know and I'll search my junk for one, they came 3 to a pack.

Jim Pettengill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.