1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

--->Gun Case for Air Travel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gavin, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I'm considering purchasing an Americase. I want something I can use on the weekends and when I fly out for a few shoots a year. Does anyone have any experience with that brand of case?

Thanks

Gavin

2. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I'm considering purchasing an Americase. I want something I can use on the weekends and when I fly out for a few shoots a year. Does anyone have any experience with that brand of case?

Thanks

Gavin

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Go with a Warwick. I have one that is about 8 years old and a ton of air miles. Still in great shape. Paul makes them to last. Paul is a good guy and a good shooter on top of it. Support the shooters. Buy Warwick. Use the link above and check out the cases.

CHEERS

4. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Gavin, our group travel often enough to say something about AIRLINE PROOF
    TRAVEL CASES. We have had other cases and sad to say we have not lost any
    guns by using ANERICASE, we had a few other cases got damaged to where the airline had to replace the stock, straighten the vent rib, replace a few
    other name brand cases(paid off the owners). I`m not telling what to buy
    but just our experiences with Americase.
    Good luck. pineapple

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Cabella's sells a double, with wheels for $160.00. I have one and it is plenty heavy duty.

JON

6. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

I've travelled abroad & around the country with my rifles & P & K guns safely in this SKB Golf case:

http://www.metrocases.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MC&Product_Code=2SKB-R4913&Category_Code=SKB-Golf

7. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

It's the SKB Freedom Golf Travel Case - $99.

8. beaker100

beaker100 Member

colorado custom cases makes a very good airline case also. call or drop me email with your address and i can send you a flier thanks doug (775) 240-5645 jd28hd@aol.com

9. BrooklynPrep69

BrooklynPrep69 TS Member

I have a browning gun vault that was built by Pelican and is the same as http://www.casesbypelican.com/pelican_1700.htm without the wheels.

It is orange which makes it pretty easy to find on a luggage carousel. It is in excellent condition. Foam has not been cut.

Asking $ 120

Steve Marengo

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

I use a Rhino Case. They are heavy but the airlines can't break them up. The ARMY MTU has used them for years without problems.

TB

11. doug gray

doug gray TS Member

Gavin: go with either a Pelican, Browning Travel Vault (one in the same, see todays post on TS.com) or the new Storm case which is similar but lighter than the Pelican. USA Shooting, US Army Marksmanship unit and many international shooting teams choose these. Nearly indestructable, even by the airlines, weather & water tight. Caz

12. doug gray

doug gray TS Member

Gavin: go with either a Pelican, Browning Travel Vault (one in the same, see todays post on TS.com) or the new Storm case which is similar but lighter than the Pelican. USA Shooting, US Army Marksmanship unit and many international shooting teams choose these. Nearly indestructable, even by the airlines, weather & water tight. Caz

13. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Just so happens that I currently posess one of the Browning Travel Vaults. It can be anyone's for 125.00 which includes shipping...merlyn...

14. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Thank you for the suggestions

Gavin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.