1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Care

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ryan_687, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan_687

ryan_687 TS Member

I have a few questions about maintenance and storage. What solvents do you guys recommend? As of now I clean the bore of my trap gun with hoppes #9 then I put some beretta oil through it and finish with a dry patch. I also use the hoppes to clean the inside of the receiver. All I'm trying to do is remove the gpr so it doesnt leave any marks. Sometimes I can never get them out. Also I've read that hoppes can react with copper. If my gun has a nickel receiver it could be over copper? I have a JEG beretta 687. I want to make sure I use products that clean well but at the same time dont hurt the metal finish!! When I store it in the safe I either rub it done with a silicone rag or spray some remington oil on it. Is this the best preventative to stop rust? It seems the barrel shoulders and faces of the ejectors gather patina quickly even if oiled? Any input would be helpful and appreciated!!! To sum it all up what do you do to keep your trap looking as good as knew!!!!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.