1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Buying Up?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Lately, I have sold about 10 handguns on this forum to fund new projects. I sold most of them the same day I posted, including several upper end guns.

Is the threat of another four years of the current Administration fueling a surge on gun sales?

A major distributor warned us of a summer drought on ammo. Something to think about.

Immediately after the 2008 election, ammo and guns were in very short supply. Speaking as a dealer, some supplies could not be found anywhere.

I am not proclaiming that the sky is falling.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm still crying in my Cheerios over letting that smokin' deal on a DCM AR15 you had for sale get away.

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

It could be the fact that you sold some awesome guns too! :)

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Sales are up overall. Let's see....economy certainly isn't up. Gun prices certainly aren't down..what could be causing this surge...???
    Oh yea.. FEAR...Americans are scared. HOPING FOR CHANGE.

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

LOL! The zombies are coming boys! A few on here have a pretty good idea what is coming and it ain't pretty! Can you imagine if bammy loses, and some conservative tries to start and get our spending back under control which would of course reduce the welfare checks into the inner cities?! You think the looting in rioting in NO was bad, wait until this happens! At that time, you will understand why everyone is "gunning" up! Tom Rhoads

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Nuke the Welfare State!

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The gun shop where I work part time is selling stuff as fast as we can get it unwrapped. I will say we have an Internet-competitive pricing structure. We keep a new AR in stock for $689, new standard Glocks for $499, etc.

It is nice to have folks waiting to see what is coming out of the boxes that UPS or whoever just dropped off, and want to buy it before it can be displayed.

Bad thing will be if we cannot re supply. Time will tell. If you have a stock of primers, shot, and powder, you will be good to go. Wads never seemed to be in short supply during the Obama Gold Rush in 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.