1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun buyback in Oakland, CA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shadow, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow Active Member

Time to turn in those K-80's guys. After all, they do blow up on occasion.

2. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Gun buybacks have never produced the results predicted, but one definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing expecting a different result.

The one thing that they do is prey on the broke and the uninformed, who turn in guns worth far more than the pittance being offered, simply because they have no idea of their true value.

They're also a lovely way of getting rid of guns used in crimes before they can be traced back to the criminal.

Tony

3. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

California politicians know that if you do a gun turn in, the criminals will all turn their guns in and become perfect citizens. Michael

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

We did this here when the fools were paying three hundred. I bought two SKS's for 69 dollars each and turned them in and made enough to buy a nice gun. These are god people and we should all help them out with brand new 59 dollar belly guns. Jeff

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Or just stand out in front of the buy back with a few thousand bucks in your pocket.

Offer $300 for all the like new Kimbers and Smiths that come in. I could go $325 for a nice old winchester side by side.

You get the idea.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Just a personal opinion. I feel that the State/City/Town or who ever is putting on the buy back should have a FFL unless they are saying that it is legal to buy Handguns from anyone.

I always thought it was illegal to by Handguns from just anyone unless you have a FFL or do some kind of a legal transfer. I might be wrong but in this state (The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts) you must file a form with the State on a Gun Transfer of ownership or transfer through a Dealer (FFL). If this is the case isn't it illegal to sell to the State/City/Town without an FFL transfer being made????????????

Bob Lawless

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I can see it now every cheap new 22 cal. turned in for $250.00. They just purchased it for $75.00 new in the box. Every gun store will not have a cheapo gun left.

We had one buy back here (Dayton) and they announced it far enough in advance that gun shop owners ordered every cheap gun they could get their hands on. One dealer turned in 63 and made over $100.00 on each gun. The city ran out of buy back money in a few hours.

A 40 cal Hi Point retails for $169.00 and can be purchased new for around $145.00 at some gun shows. There is a $100.00 profit. Hell the MFG might be interested in selling their entire inventory.

These are good deals for the guy that uses his or her head. There is some serious money available. And a lot of cheapo guns to be had new and make a bunch.

But don't tell the state that they are helping get more guns made and giving you money for ammo.

Rock

Jim

8. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Let's see.....if a guy bought a bunch of High Points at $100.00 and turned them into the city at $250.00.....Hmmmm sounds like an opportunity. And the city would actually think they accomplished sonmething. We call that WIN / WIN.

Bob

9. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

They're creating an unsafe situation. A gun buyback may backfire by someone discharging a loaded weapon, killing or wounding someone. Of course they will try and use that tragedy in their favor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.