1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun buy back program cancelled because of gun law

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jagrdawger, Jul 24, 2013.

1. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Mar 14, 2006
    That program is a great idea. I think I need to get some kids to fund my gun buy back program. I am sure a few very nice, collectable and expensive guns would find their way to it. As a historian and preservationist I would of course preserve those guns that need preserving, secure all of those nasty black assault rifles away from dangerous government hands. And all of rest, the non-functional historically insignificant and worthless ones could be scrapped for art.

I think some trap clubs should do this. Great idea.
  2. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Sep 28, 2010
    They have a gun buy back in my area about once a year. I have started looking for and buying Clarke and RG pistols for $25.00 - $50.00 with the intent to sell them at the buy back for $100.00 each. I suggest everyone to do the same. It is a great way to fund your next trap gun upgrade.

Last year I sold them an old Model 94 that had been burnt up in a fire. It had been burned so bad that the barrel was bent nearly 180 degrees back on itself. Collect those old junk and parts guns and make good use of them at the buy back.
  3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    Aint a bunch of college educated people put into public office fun to watch!!!

Educated past their intelligence!!
  4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    FINALLY. The cops and anti's have to abide by the same laws they foist on law abiding gun owners.
  5. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Sep 25, 2012
    we have a local church that has a gun buy back program and offer 25.00 We set up a couple of house's down and offered 50-75.00 each It set the preacher off but we did get quite a few guns.

Also a visit from the local police we told him we had an ffl everything was done legal and to have a nice day Besides there's no law that prohibits private purchase's

I couldn't believe that they paid 25.00 for a bunch of the cheap blank and tear gas pistols you bought for 9.95 in magazines that's a pretty good profit
  6. redfin1956

redfin1956 Active Member

Jun 25, 2013
    new jersey
    i got 80 bucks for a crappy 22 single shot that someone gave me,got home and sent a check for 80 to the nra. joseph
  7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Sometime ago I acquired 6 old long guns (4 shotguns & 2 .22 cal's). I operated on them, i.e., shortened barrels & stocks (but still legal), also disabled the firing pins so they could never be fired.

I waited until the state conducted their no questions asked buy back program and in 2 separate trips, turned in the street modified weapons.

Net result: $600.00 in Visa cards (12 flats of Top Guns @ Dick's)...Priceless!!!

I called the Superintendent of the State Police (actual friend of mine) and asked him to send my thanks to the Governor and the other stupid legislators that funded this most worthwhile project. I also requested that I be added to their mailing list so I can be ready for the next buy back....

I'm starting to think that there is a true use for democrats...