1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN BROKER transactions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Looking at a gun on gunbroker any good or bad to look out for? Bill

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

Many good ones - one bad one.

Don Verna

3. BILL GRILL

Don, Any danger of paying and not getting tyhe gun?

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Look at the feedback of the seller. 100% feedback is always a good sign. JM

5. hollywood

hollywood TS Member

If you have a doubt, ask for the sellers phone number and give him a call.
    It helps define a person's character when you can speak with them.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

When you find one, pay through the USPS. If you don't get the gun it's mail fraud and the postmaster will get involed to get your money. Bulge.

7. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,Some sellers are better than others as jm1079 stated check the sellers' feedback.I have made a number of transactions through gunbroker and auctionarms and have always received the gun.I either paid by USPS money order as Barrelbulge recommends or by credit card.I will say one persons excellent may be anothers fine,good may be fair,etc. you are trusting their description and what they want to show you.There is nothing like actually holding the gun yourself and most good sellers will offer a three day no shoot inspection period although I have never sent anything back-yet.Ask any questions or concerns BEFORE you bid,if a seller does not respond to your queries I would not bid.I once was going to bid on a Citori but after talking to the seller the gun went from excellent to good in about five minutes.Good luck!

8. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

A couple good ones and one BAD one. Look closely at the feedback. 98% is no longer good enough for me. I got a gun that was supposed to be in good condition with 2 rubs in the stock. Got it and receiver was scratched to hell, stock had 2 dent almost 3/16" deep and another 2 close to that. A couple little catch words in his ad should have made me think otherwise. "AS IS"! Try to get an inspection period!

9. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Bought one very nice gun on GunMroker which I later sold on GunBroker for a nice profit.

Bought a vintage Remington 31 and the seller letme return it under the three day return no questions asked policy.

GunBroker will not make good if the seller skips with your money.

If the seller does not have a lot of good sales I would ask the seller to ship to your via an FFL who will receive your money before shipping.

You can check out the shipper FFL and they will play it straight.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Any doubts, Have them ship through an FFL. No dealer wants his ticket punched. Complaints to ATF are taken very seriously.

HM

11. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I've bought two guns through Gunbroker with no problems. They were both transactions through dealers in other States, one in North Carolina and one in Georgia. I was delighted with both transactions.

Walker

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

Bill

I never had a problem with paying and not getting gun.

When I got "burned" a bit the guy listed the gun as 95% and it was closer to 80%.

I should have asked for more pictures.

I always buy from someone who has over 50 transactions - unless it is a FTF.

Don Verna

13. 88oliver

88oliver Member

Never had a problem paying and not getting gun ,did return one shotgun with no problems , ask question if they dont answer them I dont bid , ask questions about photos you dont always get everything that is in photo. I sell some stuff and I have more problems with bidders wanting to back out after they won auction. Gary

14. BILL GRILL

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in, greatly appreciated. Bill

15. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I Buy and sell on Gun Broker all the time. I find that most guns that I have bought are a little better than listed as most sellers doen't want any problems. Check feedback and ask for a phone number and call the seller and ask questions.
    Carey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brookering gun transaction

gun brokerage