1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun "Blue Book"

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jack L. Smith, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

0   0   0

Is there a website or "blue book' of gun values? I know I can check gunbroker listings as current auctions, but I am looking for a more standardized reference guide. thanks,

js in PA

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Gun

Jack:

Hit the link.

Fjestad's is the best, period. You can buy a book, a CD or an online subscription.

Sometimes you can find free page prints online if you google a specific gun with the word "bluebook value."

What I often do is go to the gun shows and get a 1 or 2 year old copy. One local vendor sells the previous year's copies for less and less each time he comes to a show. I once got the previous year's book for $5.

Even at the list price, if you buy/sell many guns, Fjestad's is well worth the money.

-Gary

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Gun

Unless/until you buy a new copy, the guys here on TS.com are usually very helpful in looking something up for you. Just ask. Understand that the info provides "ballpark" prices...you will find that some are unrealistically high and some low (Perazzis and Smith & Wessons) for a couple of examples...so, you also need to look at the "real" market...what a buyer will pay. Best Regards, Ed

4. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

0   0   0

Gun

Thanks Guys for your help. For now, I am looking to sell a Model '94, .30 S/N (94)6638 WCF. I have seen wildly varying prices on Gun Broker. I also have NOT seen any listed as a "WCF" as this one is marked on the barrel.

js in PA

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

Gun

Based on your serial number your 94 was made around 1924. The use of WCF (Winchester Center Fire)for Winchester branded cartridges as a marking on Winchester firearms ended around the start of WWII.

--- Chip King ---

6. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

0   0   0

Gun

Thanks Chip - However, this weapon is clearly marked WCR, not WCF. Maybe the gun maker took a long lunch that day & picked the wrong stencil tool? Or, I wonder if this actually means something or is an anomalie that has some value to someone?

I am going to make a post here to see what some of our other bloggers know.

thanks,

js in PA

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Gun

Gun Broker is a horrible site to gauge vaules-- always wondered how legitimate some of those sales really are

Where is the gun marked WCR- post a picture please- you originally posted it said WCF

Gene

8. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

0   0   0

Gun

Oh, right, sorry about the confusion. My fingers ( & eyes?) are still cold from yesterday's shoot. WCR is the correct marking, on top of the barrel, just ahead of the reciever. I will try to post pictures later.

js in PA

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

Gun

Is it possibly a WP in a circle. This was the common Winchester Proof mark used. Plus if the gun had been exported or lend leased there may be additional country of receipt marks as well. The WCF that I was referring to would be in the caliber marking IE 30 WCF.

Caliber

[​IMG]

Proof

[​IMG]

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.