1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN BLEW UP AT TX ST SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Any info on the gun that blew up at the Texas State shoot?. Is the shooter O.K.?.....SMOKIT

2. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Any info on the gun that blew up at the Texas State shoot?. Is the shooter O.K.?.....SMOKIT

3. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Went there Saturday. Was told his arm was injured bad enough to go to the Hospital. Hope he is OK. Befor the Crap starts I don't know what brand of gun it was.

Was told Management was going to check his loud shells before it blew up. Allen

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Was told Management was going to check his loud shells before it blew up"

[​IMG]

5. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Maybe he couldn't read Ingles?

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I heard it was a guy maned Duck head. He thought the Grand had moved from Illinois to Amarillo and was being held early this yr.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It doesn't matter what type of gun it was.

Matt's scale picture speaks a thousand words -- When stupid people people play with gunpowder, bad things happen.

-Gary

8. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Dennis is doing fine. He will need surgery for nerve damage when the swelling from the surgery to repair his severed artery receeds. He is anxious to return to the gun club to continue his sport. Jimmy Borum

A quote from Dennis, via email, to the president of the gun club:"At this time I would like to thank each and everyone at the Amarillo Gun Club for there help and support. I most likely wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all help and care that I received after the accident. You all are the greatest in my book.
    Thanks"

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

How did this happen. Stuck wad or what? Woul like to know what gun was involved.

Tb

10. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Prayers, Gentlemen, Prayers!

Let's get a fellow shooter well and then chase the reasons.

11. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Thats it Jim, Guns an shells don't mean S... Lets pray for total recovery and no lasting damage. Allen

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My thoughts and prayres are with him and his family for a quick speedy recovery.. Mike

13. chipking

chipking TS Member

I'll add my best wishes and prayers to those above for a full and speedy recovery.

--- Chip King ---

14. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

May you have a speedy recovery and heal good as new!

Harry

15. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Wow, How the stories GROW!!!! Information Rec. Was The Gun Was A Verona & The Possibilty Of A DOUBLE Charge Of Powder. The Story About "Checking His Loud Shells" Is Just That " A Story" That Comment Was NEVER Said. Dennis Is A True Gentleman & The Staff At Amarillo Gun Club Took Excellant Care Of Him.It Was A GREAT Shoot & Was Ran VERY Well & It Was HOTTER Than The Handrail To Hades.Thanks To ALL The Staff At AGC For A Great Time & A Great Shoot. Joe Whitehurst

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Where did any of you see that he was using reloads. I would bet that even if he was, an obstruction would most likely be the cause. Minor fluctuations in powder drop more than likely would not cause a barrel to fail. Now, a double dose of powder because of loader error from a malfunction or distraction while loading may do this. Before we all place blame lets find out the true facts from actual management, or better yet the actual injured individual. No need to know what gun he was using. Does not matter until you know what caused the incident.

Update: I was typing this before I seen joe90t's post.

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I hope the shooter is able to recover 100% and this was a fluke accident. It also sounds like the folks at the club had things well in hand and took care of him as best they could. Good on you folks for being so attentive.

Now, please tell us he was shooting a K-80 and reloading on a P&W. This way everyone can pop in and tell us why this happened.

ss

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

One of these days it will be a remington with a factory shell but so far so good. Hope he has a full recovery. Scary when things happen and it is human nature to want details. Jeff

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Gun? Ammo? Why is it a secret? HMB

20. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

HMB, why do you care?

I hope he recovers quickly. Nerve and artery damage is no small thing. I'm glad he received good treatment quickly. Here's to a full recovery!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.