1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Bans Don't Work

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by hoosier, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Gun Bans Don

I'll be honest, I don't know where some of these countries are located.
    But one thing is evident: gun bans do not work to reduce the murder rate.
    The goal of gun bans may not be to reduce the murder rate but to disarm citizens allowing the police and military to have complete control over the population.

From the World Health Organization:
    The latest Murder Statistics for the world:
    Murders per 100,000 citizens Honduras 91.6
    El Salvador 69.2
    Cote d'lvoire 56.9
    Jamaica 52.2
    Venezuela 45.1
    Belize 41.4
    US Virgin Islands 39.2
    Guatemala 38.5
    Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2
    Zambia 38.0
    Uganda 36.3
    Malawi 36.0
    Lesotho 35.2
    Trinidad and Tobago 35.2
    Colombia 33.4
    South Africa 31.8
    Congo 30.8
    Central African Republic 29.3
    Bahamas 27.4
    Puerto Rico 26.2
    Saint Lucia 25.2
    Dominican Republic 25.0
    Tanzania 24.5
    Sudan 24.2
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9
    Ethiopia 22.5
    Guinea 22.5
    Dominica 22.1
    Burundi 21.7
    Democratic Republic of the Congo 21.7
    Panama 21.6
    Brazil 21.0
    Equatorial Guinea 20.7
    Guinea-Bissau 20.2
    Kenya 20.1
    Kyrgyzstan 20.1
    Cameroon 19.7
    Montserrat 19.7
    Greenland 19.2
    Angola 19.0
    Guyana 18.6
    Burkina Faso 18.0
    Eritrea 17.8
    Namibia 17.2
    Rwanda 17.1
    Mexico 16.9
    Chad 15.8
    Ghana 15.7
    Ecuador 15.2
    North Korea 15.2
    Benin 15.1
    Sierra Leone 14.9
    Mauritania 14.7
    Botswana 14.5
    Zimbabwe 14.3
    Gabon 13.8
    Nicaragua 13.6
    French Guiana 13.3
    Papua New Guinea 13.0
    Swaziland 12.9
    Bermuda 12.3
    Comoros 12.2
    Nigeria 12.2
    Cape Verde 11.6
    Grenada 11.5
    Paraguay 11.5
    Barbados 11.3
    Togo 10.9
    Gambia 10.8
    Peru 10.8
    Myanmar 10.2
    Russia 10.2
    Liberia 10.1
    Costa Rica 10.0
    Nauru 9.8
    Bolivia 8.9
    Mozambique 8.8
    Kazakhstan 8.8
    Senegal 8.7
    Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7
    Mongolia 8.7
    British Virgin Islands 8.6
    Cayman Islands 8.4
    Seychelles 8.3
    Madagascar 8.1
    Indonesia 8.1
    Mali 8.0
    Pakistan 7.8
    Moldova 7.5
    Kiribati 7.3
    Guadeloupe 7.0
    Haiti 6.9
    Timor-Leste 6.9
    Anguilla 6.8
    Antigua and Barbuda 6.8
    Lithuania 6.6
    Uruguay 5.9
    Philippines 5.4
    Ukraine 5.2
    Estonia 5.2
    Cuba 5.0 Belarus 4.9
    Thailand 4.8
    Suriname 4.6
    Laos 4.6
    Georgia 4.3
    Martinique 4.2
    And The United States 4.2
    ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Well Duh!!

The problem is all those educated past their intelligence liberals, can't grasp the concept!!!!

Ya hit them with FACTS right between their eyes and all they can do is blink!!

Nothing sinks into their brain! Its like the only function of THEIR brain is to keep their ears apart!! Because they(their ears)obviously don't function!!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm so glad that the War on Drugs worked and there is no smack, crack, meth, blow or pot on the street. We now live in a drug free society.

4. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I don't believe they don't get it. They choose not to because they have other agendas. So they just keep speaking the same language. Its all they know and choose to know.

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Gun bans worked in Hitler's Germany & Stalin's USSR and neither turned out well for the population. I would say that gun infringement was seen by our Founding Fathers as a step toward tryranny. Please join the NRA. BT100dc

6. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

They work for their hidden intended purpose........ any compromise is a step in the wrong way except for government.....

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I don't believe they don't get it. They choose not to because they have other agendas."

Well for what it is worth kc, I happen to agree with you this is a prime example of why.

"In a Department of Justice study (pdf), Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper find that the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban was responsible for a 6.7 percent decrease in total gun murders, holding all other factors equal. They write: “Assault weapons are disproportionately involved in murders with multiple victims, multiple wounds per victim, and police officers as victims.”

Original source (page 2): Jeffrey A. Roth & Christopher S. Koper, “Impact Evaluation of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994,” The Urban Institute (March 1997).

Those to short paragraphs are from Feinsteins website as her lies to the people about the last assault weapons ban. Notice that the only date that she mentions is 1997, (three years after the ban went into effect.

The next two paragraphs come from the two individuals she names as saying this say.

Ms. Feinstein points to two studies by criminology professors Chris Koper and Jeff Roth for the National Institute of Justice to back up her contention that the ban reduced crime. She claims that their first study in 1997 showed that the ban decreased "total gun murders." In fact, the authors wrote: "the evidence is not strong enough for us to conclude that there was any meaningful effect (i.e., that the effect was different from zero)."

Messrs. Koper and Roth suggested that after the ban had been in effect for more years it might be possible to find a benefit. Seven years later, in 2004, they published a follow-up study for the National Institute of Justice with fellow criminologist Dan Woods that concluded, "we cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation's recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence."

Now does anyone think that Di doesn't know the same information. I think she most certainly does know. Just so it won't look like I am not being honest this is from the website above.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.