1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun ban on the way..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by b12, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Here it comes. In a few days you are going to hear about banning guns. This is to start chipping aways at your gun rights very quickly. It is designed to remove all guns.
    Its time to see what muster you shooters have. Talking to you Senators, congressman, delegates will be usless.
    This is going to start with signing the treaty with NATO. Be warned it is comming in a very short time. Now will see what you guns have. Wild Bill

2. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

NATO is a military defence alliance, NOT a body which can sign treaties. The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation was formed by the WW11 allies who bordered the North Atlantic; USA, Canada, Great Briain, France, etc. Nato doesn't have blue bereted troops in black helicopters waiting on an island just offshore, waiting for a dark moonless night, so they can invade and seize your guns. I think it's time you went to your doctor, because your medication is no longer working!

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Sailor I "THINK" maybe he may be talking about the treaty with the "UN" on small arms control.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

So much for the "Category" view...

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

If the senate does not approve the UN treaty it cannot be enforced....

6. oz

oz Active Member

You think think the harry reid democratic senate won't sign it? Don't worry it won't affect trapshooters or skeeters. arn't odumbo & hillary trapshooters?

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If it goes through what do you think will happen in the streets of the US. I don't think it will be pretty. Lets hope it won't get to that point.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

With the exception of a few VERY Progressive legislators, I think the fear of backlash would stall any legislative approval.

That said, they could *try* to take people's firearms.

HM

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

BigM,

For some that's just a suggestion I guess.

10. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

Sanate Supermajority means 2/3 of the senate must approve. With 12 Dems and counting joining 45 repubs it's not likely that this treaty will be given consent. Artical II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the US Constitution.

If more people read the laws that govern them then we would have less people acting like reactionary fools. Obama is not some wand wielding super wizard. Even though we like to think of him that way sometimes. He will push policies that he thinks are apt. The opposition will push back. That's what checks and balances are for. Thank god for the US Constitution.

Regards,

Christopher Monaco

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!!!! The sky is falling!!!!

blade819

12. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

As a FFL holder, I will gladly be a "Turn In Station" But I only want to accept the high dollar guns. I PROMISE, I PROMISE that I will send them to DC. LOL Tim

13. porky

porky TS Member

Tim, What are friends for??? Right. I'd be glad to send you mine,but I'm sure that it would get stolen or misplaced or something.

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You people need to do a little research before you crying wolf. Beside's Sen. Moran's bill above I have read the UN proposal and NOTHING is said about recalling the 2nd admendment of the United States!!!!!

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Before you start crying that snopes is no good read the article. Near the end is a 1957 Supreme Court ruling "Reid vs Covert". I suggest you read that also.

Do your home work boys. I hope you don't run your family affairs acting like Chicken Little. lol

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

never happen

18. porky

porky TS Member

I wish people wouldn't say things like it can't happen or it won't happen. The entire world has changed in the last 20 years or so. We sat right on our couches and watched it happen. Don't ever say it can't happen. It can and will unless we are diligent, it will.

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No Treaty or international agreement overrides the Constitution and Bill of Rights. The Senate would have to approve the Treaty and then the Supreme Court would have to rule that the treaty did not conflict or infringe with the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Never happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.