1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Ban Coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The Gov. of Pa. was just on CNBC. He was spouting the typical anti-gun rhetoric about assault weapons. He claimed that the AK-47 used in the Pittsburgh shootings is typical of the type of weapon that should be banned. It won't stop until any weapon that has a magazine is banned. Get ready & be prepared. Buy what you want & have enough supplies for the next 8 years. With luck Obama & his cronies will be gone in less than 4 years & it will take another 4 years to undo the damage. Word to the wise.

Phil Berkowitz

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

You either fight these people or join them; silence and apathy is the same as supporting them. All shooters and people who believe in Constitutional rights should not only communicate with their elected officials but join the NRA. Been a member for 40 years and will support the fight. On FOX News ticker, Thurs., 4/16/09, Mexican officials were calling on Obama to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban. Now foreigners want to take away our rights. This plays right in Pelosi's hand. You know it's coming. BT-100dc

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I will be fighting gun ban Rendell next Tue. morning along with Wayne LaPierre in the PA. capital rotunda. PA. gun owners join us or stop your bitching and waiting for someone else will solve the problem.

4. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Help me understand something.What is everyone going to do w/ stock piles of AR15's and 10'sNRA of thousands of rounds of ammunition: are you waiting for someone to storm your house and kill you, who's coming, are you organized to form a minuteman army to fight a trained mititary army/police force?Do you honestly believe that you are going to have to shoot it out w/ your home as a bunker?

I own my fair share of firearms and have been a NRA competitive shooter all of my life and I guess I don't understand the people I see at gun shows dragging cases of ammunition across parking lots to their trucks, buying Barett 50 cals and night vison special ops fighting weapons.

Help me understand who's coming and who are "they"?Are they coming to break into my house and take my K80 unsingle?

5. husker

husker Member

"They" would probably be agents from the ATF. And yes, they will be wanting to take your unsingle just like they did in UK, etc.

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

If we allow it they will come for our guns, all of them. JRM

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I understand it completely. I think it clearly shows that a lot of people are willing to fight to keep our rights. We don't want to fight about it but we are ready willing and able just as I was 47 years ago when I joined the Marines. People need to wake up and realize just how dangerous the Obama administration is.

8. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

To anyone in Washington D.C. who may be peeking at this site,,,

ENFORCE THE CURRENT GUN LAWS AND LEAVE US RESPONSABLE GUN OWNERS ALONE!!!!

(gee, I said that without profanity or calling them a bunch of no good MF's) I'm proud of myself,,,,,,

9. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

In my opinion, this is how it will start. Our president will put martial law in place, due to "Terriost Threat" either real or made up by the nuts in his office. At that point he can do just about anything, FEMA will come on line make "CAMPS" for everyone. If you look at they twist things around in there description of "Right Wing Extremists" just this week. Veterans, Pro-Life people any one that questions the "Messiah" actions. They will come into our homes and exaculate us for " OUR BEST INTREST" and those who do not go will be "TERRIOSTS" We can close our eyes and pretend that IT CAN NOT HAPPEN IN THE USA, However we do not live in real USA any more. Each and everyone of us needs to prepare, start calling your senator, congressmen, the White House anyone that will answer your call. That is what the left wing clown have done for a very long time. We need to VOTE these idiots out of office, try our best to put into place a term limit on Congress and the Senate, one term only OR THE MAX TWO TERMS'S. IT'S COMING PEOPLE

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

It's not always someone coming to your house for your gun but if you're given a deadline to turn in your guns or else you will be subject to fine and imprisonment then how would you react? You could be stopped by the local police as you exit the gun club and asked whether you have a gun and car searched based on suspicion. There's so many ways without breaking down your door in your house. Personally, I don't want to be made a felon by any of these evil politicians and will fight with the NRA to keep this from happening. After gun rights are lost then others will follow suite. BT-100dc

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Blackfoot, If you were hoarding 7.62 and 5.56 ammo 5 years ago and beyond you could have trippled your money today. What you buy today just might tripple in a few years again. Even Bernie Madoff could not give you this return.

12. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing we can do is make whatever donation you can afford/year to the NRA and they will hire the best attorneys they can buy.

The only other thing we can do is vote: I guess I don't blame the politicians because they are doing exactly what the people who elected them to their offices want them to do!In my State, the Unions put our left wingers in office because they voted like a bunch of lemmings and now they own the President,Governor,our 2 Senators all but 1 Representative, County Executive and the Major of our Largest City!

My state is broke, has a 10% sales tax and now wants to add a state income tax of 6% on $50,0000 and up,has 10% unemployment,has a state business and occupation tax of 4% on gross revenue, and the largest employer is looking to get out. I live in the other Washington!

13. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I believe we've had this discussion on here before. The NRA is way too big to just be snuffed out in a week because of a ban on ALL firearms. If "they" came to your house to take your guns, my guess is they wouldn't make it far. It might go okay in the north, but once they hit the south, they're going to hit some pretty heavy opposition...my guess is they'd lose quite a few agents. Plus, who would come and take them? The county sheriff? HA! I know my county sheriff personally and he would laugh at the idea of taking guns away from law abiding citizens. The military? I know people in the military that said they'd leave before they agreed to take peoples firearms away. I know if I was part of law enforcement and I was told to "go door to door and search everyone's house for firearms", I would say "I quit, BYE!". I see a revolution happening before an all out ban on guns...JMO, Josh.

14. abiezer

abiezer Guest

The biggest reason the gun grabbers get into office, and the biggest
    reason gun grabbers exist is because of the big urban areas.
    Most people that live in concrete jungles never see a firearm used,except in a crime.Folks in Rural areas see firearms used for peaceful purposes all the time,
    sure i'm painting with a broad brush, and there are many exceptions to this,as many in urban areas have guns for self defense, but as a whole, the majority in concrete jungles see guns as bad,the brainwashing of the children in the concrete jungle madrasahs (public schools) doesn't help any.
    That's what we're up against.
    And it seems the scales are slowly tipping toward higher total populations in large urban areas than in rural areas.
    This is plainly evident in Wa State, also in Oregon,where the west side of the state has Seattle and Portland areas, while the whole east sides of these states are rural, yet the rural population cannot out vote the large urban population density of the west sides, thus the states always swing red,regardless of the east side voting 80-90+ percent blue.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Blackfoot, how many of our soldiers do you think will fire on American citizens?

The people who would are not the types to be in a volunteer military.

They will be much stealthier than direct confrontation.

HM

16. BMC

BMC Member

I often question whether or not I will outlive the day that firearms as a whole become a right and relic of the past. I believe there is such a giant divide between the left and right in this country that even Barry and his libs don't want to go down that road any time soon. His very statement back during the campaigning about people clinging to guns and religion during times of economic stress weren't just words of poking fun, I believe he was expressing a fact he has observed, and being the cunning political type, knows where to step and where not to step. There was once a saying that the largest armed militia in the world was the Chinese Army, followed closely by the citizens of the USA. I speculate that based on the massive increase in firearm sales and ammunition in the past six months, chances are good that we the people of the United States of America are now members of the largest armed militia in the world. And to think the government isn't aware of the growth in firearm sales and ownership would be foolish. They know, and I speculate it has a lot to do with why we (hopefully) won't see any attempt to create laws forbidding the ownership of firearms. The Government won't have to storm neighborhoods and homes to search and seize firearms. Most law-abiding firearm owners possess registered guns. In general, they know what you have and where you live. Should the day ever come when such a monumental law were to ever be passed, the government would simply impose personal embargos on things such as utilities, bank accounts (they pretty much own the banks now right?) or even your pay checks, social security checks or retirement funds...all in the name of enforcing justice without having to result to force. The first time any attempt to sieze a private citizens firearms by force results in that owner dying from a gun battle to protect his guns, and that information makes the headlines, how many more do you really think will be willing to pull the trigger when the guys in tactical black come through your door? We all like to think we can stand and fight against such tyranny, but really, are you prepared to be shot to death by a force that will surely outman you 20-1? Don't get me wrong, I am a staunch supporter of the right to bear arms and believe these are very shaky days. But I also like to look around me at the world we live in today and realize that we live in country that is entrenched with gun ownership, and those people vote. Just my .02.

17. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Jolly, If memory serves me right, it was the Military and law enforcement members who went door to door in New Orleans to confiscate guns, and how many of them were shot by those who used to say " From my cold dead hands"? 0, zip,nada.

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Unfortunately the hunters, shooters and gun collectors of PA have sat on their collective arses over the years and voted (or not voted at all) for trash like Rendell.

The Delaware governor is a piece of trash too and the Delaware gun enthusists are going to be in a 2nd Amendment fight real soon.

The battles are starting.

Curt

19. abiezer

abiezer Guest

If was watching a TV show on the Waco incident last night,
    and got to thinking just how much resistance a small group of
    citizenry can have if organized to a single purpose,organization
    being the key word.

20. BMC

BMC Member

Abiezer, the problem is that I cannot think of one time in the past say 50 years (or maybe even longer) that the citizens won the stand off or shoot out. I don't believe it would ever come to a full ban, they might try and chip away at it here and there. Way too dangerous for everyone involved, particularly for that status quo of the nation, to be fiddling around with trying to take all guns away. The AWB is the point of the spear. I wouldn't worry about it until they reinstate the AW ban. Maybe I'm just being optimistic, dunno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun ban coming