1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN AUCTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Are people nuts just came back from a gun auction (over 500). Boy are people nuts. What they paid for guns, some close to retail and some over. few bargains
    mike t

2. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Agree! There are some exceptions though. Not too many bidders on the over $1000 guns though, except for some of the civil war stuff, then look out. I am almost always outbid. Bid $1200 on a nice Ljutic once, as that's all I had. Sold for $1300 to a phone bidder. The buyer's premium puts it way over the value sometimes.

3. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I've been to several 900+ gun auctions in the last couple years. One particular place has a section that is dedicated to junk guns. Its a blast to see bubba bid $300+ on a hundred dollar piece of crap. But you are right, you weed out a bunch of idiots when the price goes over a thousand.

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Been watching Barrett Jackson all afternoon.

100,000+ for a Corvette or Mustang means nothing.

Regards....Gerald

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Try going to some estate sales, I have gotten some good to great deals at a few of them ... I try to buy all of the guns instead of having them piece meal them to buyers ... You have to be in the right place at the right time, and have cash ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. 88oliver

88oliver Member

are you from Iowa , watched sale online sold 2 Henry Golden Boys , for $500.00 and $600.00 , Mills Fleet has them on sale at $359.00. figure that out

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

People think because its an auction they are getting the bargain of a life time. I to have seen people pay more the retail for a used gun. Rare do I see gun auctions go at a fair price for the buyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.