1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun advocates protest at New York Capitol

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Joe Potosky, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

ALBANY – Thousands have descended upon the state Capitol Saturday in protest of new state legislation that aggressively tightens New York's restrictions of assault-style weapons and ammunition.

Protesters gathered from around the state, fighting the bitter cold with vigorous chants of "We the People" and "Freedom."

"Government never moves this fast except when they are taking your rights,"

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Gun-advocates-protest-at-state-Capitol-4208000.php#ixzz2IS3Bles9
    joepotosky_2008_030373.jpg

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I don't what rules there are in NY, but it looks like that would have been a great start of a "Recall petition" on every politician who voted yes on the bill!

Any bets rally's like these won't be covered by the Lame Stream Media!

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have been there but I went in the opposite direction today to pick up Ammo, powder, bullets and other supplies for my shop. Looks like a good turnout.

4. Joe Potosky

RE: VOTE THEM OUT

The key to NY is the state senate. That is where money and effort should be directed. We need to regain 6 or 7 seats, or more of the same down the road.

Wasted money giving to someone running for governor or the other branch.

5. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Thousands marching on the state capitol and NOBODY had a match? ed nichols

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Buffalo NY....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_qIDrQEzZt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jerbear_2008_0303187.jpg

Jerbear

7. oz

oz Active Member

saturday 1-19-2013 is gun appreciation day. that's probably what the crowds were for.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Apparently there were protests in all 50 state capitols. They were protesting at the Iowa State capitol and we have no gun legislation on the books for 2013.

So just for the sake of argument am I correct in assuming that even with federal laws on the books a State law can supersede the federal law? With all these State laws I'm afraid that we will get some tough guns laws shoved down our throats.

9. Joe Potosky

RE: a State law

The states have always held the power in regard to gun restrictions. Thus licensing and other restrictions imposed by states that has nothing to do with the federal government.

Just take a look at the various gun laws around the county. Can be kind of scary....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.