1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Advise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I am relatively new to trap shooting. I shoot once or twice a month. Currently using a Remington Model 1100 with a 30" ribbed,full choke barrel. Is this gun adequate for trap shooting or should I purchase a dedicated trap gun?

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Tom: As long as you feel comfortable with that gun; it will break all the targets if you point it in the right direction. If at some time in the future, you find that you want to shoot more, then I might try a number of different guns, (dedicated trap guns), and see what you like. Most fellow shooters at your local club will allow you to shoot a round with their gun. Just take your time. Good Luck and welcome to the sport. Ed

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You pretty much have a 'trap gun' right now. Shoot the heck out of it and make upgrades as you see the need.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Just get yourself a trap stock and have fun! Your 1100 is more enough gun. down the road yopu may decide to change but for now just get your feet wet. I shoor remington 1100's and winchester Sx-1's and Beretta autos and that is what i choose to shoot. lots of guys shoot autoloaders because they like the lower felt recoil. Recoil is cumlative I believe, it gets us all sooner or later so anything you do early in your trapshooting career to minamize it's affect will only help you later.

That is why I say to get a trap stock if you don't have one already. Less recoil to the face and should provide you with a higher point of impact which is desirable when shooting a rising target. Good luck, have fun and don't get caught up in all the advice about equipment. What you have will serve you just fine until you learn enough to decide if you want something else.

My best advice is to take a trapshooting clinic from one of the pro's as soon as you can in order to not develop a bunch of bad habits. Jeff

5. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Where can I purchase a "Trap Stock"?

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

At www.e-gunparts.com HMB

7. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

some of the best shooter shot 1100's for a long time.Leo harrison,Daro handy just to name a couple.

8. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I have an 1100 Monte Carlo Trap Stock for sale; original factory pad; stock is 99% (one minor scratch which did not break the finish); highly figured upgraded wood; $190 delivered (shipping included). Will email photos on request. Money refunded if not satisfied. Send email or Private Message. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.