1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun advice please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Heckyea, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

I am looking at this gun and know very little about it. It's an 04 Winchester Select DuoTone O/U LNIB. Does anyone know anything good or bad about it? Please help with whatever advice you can. Whats a fair price for this gun? TIA Ron

[​IMG]

2. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Thanks Mike. I am confused as to which one it is but the only one listed with a red hard case is the Extreme Elegance and it was new in 04. Now I'm really confused. At least I know whatever one it is it's worth more than he's asking.
    Ron Zimmerman

Ron Z.
    [​IMG]

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

If it is the Select Energy they aren't bad guns. However, their resale value seems to be a lot less than Blue Book. Most people prefer the Brownings, but the Select Energy is a very good value.

4. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

I just talked to the guy and he says it's a Belgium made gun and has no engraving on the sides and has 28" non ported bbls. These pics are of the actual gun and it seems to be a good value but still baffled as to what it really is.?
    Ron Zimmemrman

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A good buy?? That is always tempting but be prepared to own it because they do not sell easily. I think they are great guns and if you are going to keep it, go for it.

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

It is a Select Energy.

I have one but not in two tone.

A decent gun - no problems with about 10,000 rounds through it but I do not shoot it. Upgraded to a real trap gun two years ago.

The grip is a bit thick and it is light - but recoil is not bad at all. Good trigger but I do not believe anyone is converting them to release.

Don Verna

7. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

I am thinking of it for a dove and quail gun.

8. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

I disagree about the recoil being light -- mine kicks the heck out of me and would not really make a good doubles gun - but, put about a pound of mecury in the butt and add something for the kick and they will function just fine. Mine has a tendency to black and blue my cheek even with the extra weight, and I had it toed out to stop it from kicking upwards. the beav

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.