1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gulf Shores, Alabama Trap Club??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I saw a thread on here recently about a Trap Club near Gulf Shores, AL but now I can't find it. (I believe it mentioned Styx??) Please inform me of trap possibilities in this area. Charges would also be helpful if they are available. My wife and I are thinking of spending a month there this winter and I would love to be able to shoot some while there. Thanks, Jack

2. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

From that ATA list of clubs in Alabama:

http://shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=010027

That club's website:

http://www.styxrivershootingcenter.com/

The club looks to directly north of Gulf Shores, closer to Mobile than to GS. The club looks to have scheduled two Saturday shoots each month through November. Looks like they don't have shoots in December or January. Fees, hours, map, all on their website. Much better than some clubs' sites that I have seen.

Hope this helps. No, I am nowhere near Alabama. Charlie

3. THALL

THALL Member

I have shot Styx. Brad & his brother are working hard to make it a nice shooting range. They also offer a pistol range there. You have picked a good time to shoot there. Tim Hall

4. Martinpicker

Thank you Charlie and Tim. Do you know if they are closed in December/January, or have they jus suspended ATA targets during these months? Jack

5. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

From their website: "Closed Christmas 12/25, Open Monday 12/26" They are normally open Tuesday through Sunday, will be open on Monday after Christmas. Seem only to have suspended ATA targets in December/January.

I get all of this from their website. I am nowhere near Alabama.

Charlie

6. Martinpicker

Thanks again Charlie. I will check their website. Jack

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They are open year round. I shoot there a couple of times a week. We get a lot of Snowbirds in the winter. So, you won't be alone. Stix is directly north of Gulf shores. I live a few miles from the Beach and the ride is about 24 miles and takes 30 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gulf shores trap shooting
trap shooting clubs in gluf shores alabama
trap shooting in orange beach alabama

trap shooting near orange beach alabama