1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GULF SHORES, ALABAMA- opinions requested!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by noknock1, Jun 9, 2013.

1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

We are towing the camper to Gulf Shores state park this summer and are staying six nights.

I need the names of the "must eat" fresh seafood places.

Best fishing places, tackle, etc.? I see there is a pier right there and Alabama's salt water and fresh water - non-resident license for a week is like $50.00, extremely reasonable! So I will have my 7' stiff catfish pole with 50 pound line on it with me as well as my bass poles.

I see Ft. Morgan is nearby, is it worth the $50.00 or so admission for the entire family?

Any charter fishing boats that are recommended or not recommended?

Any nice trap or sporting clays clubs nearby?

It has been well over 25 years since I have been to Gulf Shores. I imagine a lot has changed. LOL..

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The Oyster House is one of the better known restaurants in Gulf Shores. We ate there two years ago for the first time. Usually very crowded and a lot of people waiting. Ate there two nights in a row. One night had fried oysters. Good but more breading on the oysters than "oyster". Had a oyster po boy and again over breaded oysters and not that many of them. My wife did enjoy the attached shops.

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

The Shrimp Basket is a local chain that we enjoy and we really like Papa Rocco's.

4. Michael Knight

Michael Knight Member

As far as shooting try Styx River (location Robertsdale)hours of operations Tue-Sun 8-5 or you could try Santa Rosa Shooting in Pace Fl.

5. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

The Steamer!!!! GREAT!!!!!!

6. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

The family and I have enjoyed Bubbas @Orange Beach!

TNCoach

7. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Taking notes... keep'in commin!

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Local: Doc's seafood (crispy mud bugs, and fried pickles), Ocean Pizza (3 locations) owned by a local Trapshooter. Live Bait, and a must see "FloraBama." Fish the pier at the state park with shrimp. You could catch anything from 1lb to 100lbs. Many charter boats, and they all are good for a fun day at their secret spots. The LuLu, a large old freighter was just sunk to make an artificial reef off Orange Beach, and there is an old Aircraft carrier that sunk off Pensacola Beach a couple of years ago. Diving and fishing are suppost to be getting pretty good. Go to the Pensacola Navel Air museum, outstanding. You will have fun.