1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guided Arkansas Duck Hunts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

There are a few of us in Kentucky that is wanting to go to Arkansas on a guided duck hunt. Have any of you ever used a guide service in Arkansas? If so, who?

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a group of 4 looking as well.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

You might contact Bronson Castleberry at the Remington Gun Club in AR. He would know someone, I'm sure.

Bronson Castleberry
    219 Honeysuckle
    Lonoke , AR 72086

H: 501-676-0135
    E: bronson.castleberry@remington.com

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

5. cafowler

cafowler Member

There's a place near Stuttgart that puts on big sporting clays shoots, I believe they also run a guide service on the property; The Delta Conference Center. Never been there but thought it looks like a nice place to go hunt/shoot for a few days.

There's another guy who used to guide for some big group organized hunts, charles snapp. I've always thought I'd like to go with him some day as well.

I stopped at Mack's Prairie Wings once. They had tons of guides cards pinned to a bulletin board as you walk in. Maybe call there, ask for someone in the "duck hunting" dept, see if they can recommend a guide.

Right next door to Mack's is the RNT shop. Maybe give Jimbo a call over there, ask if he or anyone in the shop there would guide you.

Hope this helps.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Up for the duck hunters. I called the Stuttgart Chamber of Commerce. They have a listing of guide services.

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

If you end up anywhere near Stuttgart besides Mack's Prairie Wings a neat place to visit is the Museum Of The Arkansas Grand Prairie. It has a lot of great stuff including a Waterfowl Wing with old calls, guns, pictures, decoys, etc. Be sure and check their website for open times as they are not open every day. There is no admission fee.

8. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I hunted 2 years in a row in the mid 90's with Kent McCollum and Kery Milner. They were based out of Jonesboro, Ark. I don't know if they are still in business as I had to quit duck hunting, but these boys and their local callers could bring in the birds. We hunted 3 days both times I went, and every hunter in our 8-man group limited every day.Most days by 9:00 am. They did everything they could to get us on the birds.

We also killed a few specks and blues over the rice fields and when there was plenty of water had great duck shooting in the green timber.

Good luck and wear em out if you get to go!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.