1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ Guess Who @@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Every now and then the crew gets a little rowdy and so yesterday my wife Cindy shot this photo of herself to show the effects of too much checkering and the need for a good glass of wine. I just laughed and almost peed myself looking at this photo. She is going to get me back but I just thought that this was too good not to show everyone. She is a real sport and I do love her dearly. If you travel to Ohio this year at the Cardinal Center be sure and stop by to say hello at our building. We are in section B she gets a kick out of seeing and talking to everyone.

Dennis DeVault

She is so cute

dennisdevault_2008_0303445.jpg

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

One can see the effects of Darwinian evolution at work as her eyes have grown to better process light intake as she checkers. This is clear proof that Darwinian evolution is scientific fact. Really.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Looks like she is capable of doing anything precise...

4. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

What a cutie; and she likes a good martini!!

Doc

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Mr M,

This is going to be a one sided deal as I am very proud of Cindy and what she has accomplished. So far in the 7 years she has been doing this I only remember of one time that she has made a mistake on a pattern and had to do it over. Seven years ago we had a stock out to someone to checker and it came back to the shop broken from shipment. Everyone was in a panic because I was fighting a delivery and had to do the entire stock over again. Cindy came into my office and said she was tired of this situation and announced to me that she could do this work and besides it would be fun. I just looked at her and make a smart comment and she threw something at me for not taking her seriously. I apologized and thought for a moment and told her OK. I called Brownell's to order a tape on checkering and when it arrived, between answering phones and things she watched the tape twice. She told me she was ready to do her first trial run. Now I can say I was a bit mean but I gave her a handful of dull checkering tools and a stock with a big palm swell and very difficult pattern and told her to go to town. No help or assistance from me or the guys was given and three days later she proudly displayed her first job. And I can say that I was very impressed. From that day on she has done all the checkering for us and I think she gets better and better each year. If any one has ever done this work one of the most difficult jobs to do is a stock with a palm swell. It is tough to keep the lines straight. There are checkering people I know very well that refuse to do palm swells but Cindy does them all the time and still thinks this is fun. She is a sick woman but I love her dearly and she jokes to me all the time that I cannot get rid of her because no one will put up with me and checker for me. Probably true but she is a sweetheart and I hope that she can continue doing this as she does love the creation side of the work. Thank you for asking Mike and thanks to everyone that looked at this photo.

Dennis DeVault

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Great story Dennis! I really look forward to meeting you guys one day.

-Aaron

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

"Probably true but she is a sweetheart and I hope that she can continue doing this as she does love the creation side of the work.

Creation? Did you say CREATION? There goes my evolution theory. You must be one of those simple minded, old fashioned, hard headed, non progressive, BELIEVERS. Me too.

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

She gives a mighty fine hug also !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.