1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guerrini Value: Opinion Wanted

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Chango2, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

I have a Caesar Guerrini, standard grade, sporting clays O/U with adjustable comb. The stock has been shortened. Metal perfect, a couple of pressure dings in stock. Gun has not been shot much. Has original case, documentation, etc. Appreciate knowing value/bluebook/"street" price. I'm thinking very strongly of selling the gun. Prefer my Browning O/U.

Thanks,

David

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

800-1000

CGs have low resale to begin with and with your "modification" would be very difficult

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS did you purchase it modified like that?

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Once again, Gene has been hitting the bottle so don't take his estimate seriously.

A few things that will affect value; Grade (summit,magnus,maxum),Guage and barrel length, Which barrels. If your gun has the older barrels it will drop the value a bit.

With the info given, $2K-$2.5K would be a fair estimate. Pic's and details needed for a better estimate.

ss

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I should have realized that. LOL.

ss

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Which chokes? BBl length? Also, how much have you shortened the stock? What is the LOP with the trigger in the middle position and how thick is the pad? If the LOP is 14" or less (very short), you may improve marketability by having a spaced added to add at least 1/2 inch. Wonder why you like the Browning better? I like the triggers on the Guerini better. They're very good guns...and factory service is on a par with the best.

WNCRob

6. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

31st Blue Book on a 90% Summit Sporting would be $1525.00 depending on how much the stock was shortened would determine a final value. Hope this helps you, man when a guy shortens a stock he better be ready to keep the gun or cry when he wants to sell.....................

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

Oh, it is a 30 inch, late barreled, long chokes, standard grade. Typo. I agree it has great triggers. But it is just not appropriate for trap doubles; bangs around too much. A light gun. 12 gauge. Stock was shortened about 1 1/4 inch. I got the gun on a trade. Originally was owned by a lady. Gun was sold to her new by a dealer as an appropriate trap gun.

I did figure value is somewhere around 2.5 grand. Maybe not...

(If I can't sell it for around that, I'll sell some raffle tickets for the gun; you know, 5000 tickets that state there is a 1/1000 chance of winning. That's all fair in "a game of chance"....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.