1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guerini/Rizzini are they the same?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I have a Rizzini s2000 sporter.In looking at the Guerini's I was wondering if the barrels would interchange? They look to be the same,made by the same family. Just wondering? Thanks for any and all info...Ray

2. 87AA

87AA TS Member

There's a good article that I can't seem to find now but I believe it was posted over on shotgunworld.com. I think it's called "The 3 Rizzini's" or something to that effect. You might try searching. Good article in reference to I. Rizzini, B. Rizzini, ect.

Georgio Guerini is the nephew of one of the Rizzini's. What I've been told is that he wanted more of the company or more responsibility at least. When he was turned down, he left to form Guerini. Of course this is all scuttlebutt.

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

87AA:

You are correct. Georgio apprenticed under B. Rizzini. There are
    two or three different Rizzini making shotguns. I don't know why
    he left but the Guerini is an improved gun over the Rizzini. I
    doubt if the barrels will interchange.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I posted the Rizzini article on the above link. I found it somewhere. I just saved it. It's about half way down the first page of the thread. Mark

5. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

"Guerini is an improved gun over the Rizzini."

----------------------------------------------------------
    That is simply not true. If anything the B. Rizzini is better than a Guerini!
    The Guerini's put more into SHOW (wood and metal) but the base gun is no more than a Rizzini copy. The F.A.I.R and I. Rizzini are cheaper and made to a price point. The F.Ill Rizzini are HIGH priced some 100k+ guns.

As far as B. Rizzini vs. Guerini they are both well made underlug designs.

6. mflora

mflora Member

Much discussed subject. I have owned and shot both of them. Taken them apart and any differences are very, very slight. The Brescia/Val Trompia guns are all very similar because why mess w/ a successful design. Rizzini, Fausti, Guerini, Padrone and many others including Galazan's new mid-priced O/U. Just my opinion.
    Mark

7. drgondog

drgondog Member

F.III Rizzini for both R1 and R2 are high priced SxS in boxlock and sidelock but when you cornered Fabbri or Perazzi regarding side by side shotguns - both agreed the Rizzini sdelock was a better shotgun than any SxS either had made - at least as of 1995 when this conversation was had ... and were higher priced than Rizzini but that was largely about who did the engraving to pick a final price point over the base 'best grade' gun.

Except for re-sale value I would pick any of the three over a Purdey or Holland on a price/value basis.

I don't know didley about any of the others (Rizzini/Guerini O/U shotguns).

Regards,

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini started from rizzini
caesar guerini sxs
caesar guerini vs rizzini shotguns
fair vs caesar guerini
guerini vs rizzini
is rizzini a good trap gun
rizzini trap gun