1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guerini or Blaser??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scootermac50, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Well, I am now looking at upgrading once again. I guess its a trapshooters way. What do you think about the Blaser vs. the Guerini?
    Prices, durability, resale, etc. Nope I am not fishing, just looking for some honest feedback. Thanks
    Scott

2. 2005Kid

2005Kid Member

Try a Perazzi, Shoot it the rest of your life and who ever you leave it to will still shoot it and it will have Great resale and Damn fine People to deal with.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Scott,

Just give in. Get the K80 Trap Special. You'll fit in better with the rest of the squad. LOL

4. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Scott:
    I'm considering the same choice for upgrading and have put off the decision. I would also welcome some meaningful input.
    Two of my regular shooting buddies each own the CG unsingle which they absolutely love.The guns have worked flawlessly for tens of thousands of rounds.They think I'm nuts to consider the Blaser Super Trap F3 for about $3000. plus.I've shot both their guns and they leave nothing to be desired.

I find it interesting that Bob Schultz is selling his Perazzi combo for the Super F3.Would really like to hear from those that have shot the new F3 unsingle.

Ned

5. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Scott,
    unfortunately that is a bit out of my price range.
    Eventually I may end up with the K gun, but not right now.

And are you kidding me? I don't even think the K gun would help me fit in.
    Pretty tough group you run around with!
    See you at Spanish.

6. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I recently decided to give a new gun a try, After trying several guns over a few months I went and ordered a Guerini top single from Bob Schultz. Have been shooting it about a month and I think I make the right decision.

I have found a lot to like, real nice pull trigger,light, crisp,very little take up, adjustable. Comb hardware works very well. Rib is easy to adjust. Very soft shooting for me, shot an ATA 300 bird event with 1 1/8 loads and had no shoulder soreness at all, actually won my yardage group in the caps. Balance of gun is wonderful,weighs more than my Beretta but feels lighter. Chokes pattern very well and tight. Very good manufacturer support, had a question, called Guerini and the head gunsmith called me back in a couple hours with the answer to my questions. Sent the warranty card in and a week later had a box show up with a thank you letter from Wes Lang and a very nice Guerini hat in it.

Can't comment on the Blaser, seems like a very nice gun but was a little out of my price range.

John Rau

johnr_2008_300819.jpg

7. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

This isn't a fair comparison. I own a Guerini Trap Combo and am very happy with it. Excellent value, great company. I also own a Blaser O/U that is my sporting gun. Its a special gun. You really need to look over the Blaser and study it to appreciate all of its features. It is a very refined gun. The Blaser is definitely a step up from the Guerini, and the new Blaser trap combo is teriffic. To me, either will serve you very well, but one is more expensive than the other. If you can be happy with the Guerini, I'm sure it will serve you wonderfully, but it kinda depends upon what's important to you. If possible, find a Blaser dealer and check it out. Am I looking to make a change? No.

WNCRob

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a CG Summit trap combo for 2 years now and no trouble with 30K+ rounds.
    When I went to buy a new trap gun I shot the older Blaser. It was a nice gun but I could not hit targets well. It could of been the fit. I also didn't like the feel of the gun. The new Blaser I pick up last week was better felling gun, but not enough for me to want to shoot it.
    The gun that I would look at would be a Kolar T/A high rib trap. I handle one and will shoot one next week. I don't know if I would trade in my CG but I know if I like the Kolar I just might buy it.

9. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I realize the question is which shotgun and you want feedback from various owners/shooters. I will pose a question to you. Do you shoot your current shotgun well? If your answer is yes...or no...Spend your "upgrade money" on custom fitting wood color grain that suits you and be proud of the results and you'll smoke targets and card a higher score than the shooters with unfitted 5-10k shotguns. The comments you'll likely hear are "man that guy can shoot, or he doesn't miss often". Just an opinion...Larry Lockhart

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Kraiza, Don't shoot the Kolar unless you feel the need to get rid of some cash. Out of 5 different brands of combos I have owned my Max T/A is by far the best one with no close seconds. 5 of my friends have recently purchased new Kolars, either in the T/C or T/A model. All are ecstatic.
    Let me know what you think after you shoot one.

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Go with the "K" gun, Kolar that is. Good old American made! Damn hard to beat that isn't it.

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Goose2 I'm going with my check book. You never know what you my find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.