1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guerini Longevity?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mark425, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

So...now that Caesar Guerini's have been out here awhile, how have they have been holding up for you high volume CG Shooters?

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Don't know if you consider this high but 52 thousand through my (bought new 2008)Summit Trap Combo with zero problems and lock up still right of center. About 50 thousand (by original owner plus myself) on my second hand Maxum combo with one problem. At the September VA Grand Old Dominion the screw on cap on the end of the upper barrel hammer spring guide backed off and jammed against the stock preventing the hammer from cocking. I dropped out of the event I was shooting and went back to the motel room and screwed it back on with some blue locktite on the threads. These are normally screwed on and crimped so I guess the crimp was not deep enough. There was no internal damage because I stopped when it became obvious that the hammer would not cock and didn't try and switch over to the O/U barrels and continue shooting. I have 2200 rounds through it since then it is doing fine.

I sold the Summit when I decided to make the switch to the Maxum and the current owner (a good friend of mine)has had no issues with it either.

--- Chip King ---

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I've known those with no problems,and those who are on first name basis with the repair shop. No better, or worse, than other reputable manifacturers..

4. APrice

APrice Active Member

My Summit combo is at a little over 40K now and still seems as new. Despite this, I somehow get the feeling it's not going to match the durability of my MX-8 combo. Of course, it doesn't cost as much either.

BigM, which CG model do you own?

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't AP. But Dana Farrell does....

I can get you his contact info if you'd like to ask him about his well used CG.

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I bought a combo 2008 been shooting it since, may 30000 rounds so far had an issue of not shooting second barrel in Doubles quick rebend of trigger guard and been shooting fine since.

Jeff

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I put about 18 thousand shells thru my APEX Combo in 2011 and it has held up well. The only thing that bothers me, just a little, is not seeing Guerini represented more on the firing line. I shot the Grand, Dixie and Southern in 2011 plus 4 states, Southern Zone and few minor shoots. I don't recall seeing a whole lot of Guerini's or Blasers for that matter. Time will tell.

blade819

8. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I don't know much about them but they are very attractive shotguns. Whoever did the cosmetic design work should be commended.

I have a friend that owns two and he shoots everywhere. I think he had one small issue but nothing major.

Mark

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I owned a C.G. Magnus combo. I did not shoot it much until I traded it for a Kolar Max T/A. It was nothing to do with the gun just me thinking I needed something different. It seemed to be an alright gun but what little shoots I have been around there was only two that I can remember seeing. They just have not took off out here in the west.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I see a few. And I like the looks too. But do not have enough life left to get used to a CG Release.

11. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I have a CG Trap Combo with a factory installed Double Release trigger ... I contacted CG'S head gunsmith to find out if they were able (competent) to tune the trigger ... I wanted it slowed down ... he assured me they were able to do the work ... so off it went to be worked on by them ... when it came back it was totally screwed up ... called them and had to argue with them to do a UPS pick up ... head gunsmith called me with the gun in his hands and asked me what I wanted done with the gun ... I told him I wanted it tuned and fixed right ... came back still screwed up ... by then I knew they didn't have a clue ... I stewed for a couple month and sent it off to a competent gunsmith that knew what he was doing ... low and behold it came back tuned just as I wanted in the first place ... for less money than the CG charged to mess it up ... he told me all they had done was tighten a screw on a spring in the trigger ...and only for one barrel... at this point I called CG'S customer service and told them I wanted my money back for their poor service work ... had to argue with him ... he said he would look into it ... called him back and he told me that their head gunsmith called the guy that fixed their mess up ... and so more arguing and finally he agreed to refund my money ... at least I got back some of my money back ... but I lost my original shipping and insurance charges to and from Maryland ... they can change out part to fix something and switch out parts to make a Release ... but that's all you are going to get from them ... but I must add I do like the fit and feel of the gun

12. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good Information dmm
    Thanks for sharing

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They are really nice looking, I looked at one once ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. undersluice

undersluice Member

I have a Summit Trap Combo , almost 10K rounds through it, no issues at all. Goes BAM everytime I pull the trigger !

Thanks,
    JB

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I believe guaranteed for life says a lot!
    Joe

16. rdf59

rdf59 Member

20,000+ rounds from my Magnus Combo. Lever still where it should be. Not one missfire, failure to extract, malfunction of any type.

The only problem that I have encountered is that the gun has missed some targets in that 20,000+. I thought about trying to get my money back, but its so pretty and feels so good when I shoot it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini longevity