1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guerini Impact Trap vs. Summit Trap Unsingle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SilverShooter, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Does any one have both or has shot both extensively to offer a comparison on features and benefits? I know what the website says but I am looking for comments from shooters who own the impact or both...

I have a Summit Unsingle Combo 32/34 alredy which i shoot well and want to buy a backup combo, and want to explore the idea having a Sporting o/u with a trap barrel.

Please keep your comments to compariosn between the Guerini's -- not with other brands. Thanks!

2. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have the Summit Impact and have been shooting it for about 3 weeks. Just finished the Idaho State Shoot and I didn't exacttly tear it up, but certainly shot it decent. I also went to a release for the first time so that may be a factor as well. Weather was cold, windy, rainy and generally crappy. 98 is the best I could muster in the singles and 95 in the caps.

Here is what I have found so far. I really like the unsingle and have no problem getting it to shoot 100 percent high. The chokes are TIGHT and the LF seems to be plenty of choke for handicap in the West as the long yardage handicap targets were smoking even on a cold day.
    I have the 30 inch over and under and also can get it to shoot 100 percent high easily. I find the over/under to be very quick and smooth. I shot it on sporting clays at a fundraiser shoot yesterday and found it to be very nice on the sporting targets. I had the high score on the board when I left but am not sure if that held up or not.
    Anyway, so far so good. I am going to Vernal to shoot this week and have done some more adjusting on the gun and we shall see if I can get my singles and caps up a bit after doing the adjustments.

Lyle

3. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

I shoot a Summit Trap combo for trap and a K32 for skeet in Ohio. I bought a Summit Impact o/u 30" so I could use it for both trap and skeet at my winter home in Florida without having to buy two different guns. I shot the Impact exclusively this past winter at both trap and skeet....about 5,000 rounds. Like Lyle, I found I can get the Impact to pattern 100% high which is how I shoot it for trap and 50/50 for skeet. I found I shoot the Impact just as well for both skeet and trap as I do the Summit Trap and K32. In short, I was pleasantly surprised that I could use the Impact for both games as easily as I could.....I don't feel it is a compromise for either game. In hind sight, I'm glad I purchased the Impact and would do it again without hesitation.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Jay

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I shoot an Impact 32/34 Combo for trap. Shot several hundred rounds through a Summit Trap before buying the Impact. I choose the Impact for the slightly lower rib. My Impact Combo is set up to throw a 100% high pattern from the unsingle with room for a bunch more, the O/U is at 80% and it could be set anywhere between 100%+ and less than flat. From my experience, there is very little difference in the feel /handling between the two. The rib height is about the only difference and that's not as noticeable as I thought it would be. Seems like a logical choice for other games while still having a solid backup. Dont think you will be disappointed.

5. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Lyle, Jay, Mark;

Great feedback, thoughtful and based on experience. Looks like I'll be joining you soon with an Impact combo. Thanks again,

Rudy

6. KOKA

KOKA TS Member

Really good to know I am trying to buy one hard to get in Canada

7. KOKA

KOKA TS Member

I am wondering if you guys got any of the options with the Impact like the kinetic balancer or barrel rods.

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Mine came with the kinetic balancer in the stock. No barrel weights or different rods. Some people may like the barrel weights on the O/U.....the gun is relatively quick, IMO.

I doubt the kinetic balancer reduces the recoil any more than adding the same amount of weight. However, I do like the extra weight in the stock and would definitely recommend that relatively inexpensive option.

9. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

I would second everything Mark said. I ended up putting a mercury weight in the stock of my Summit Trap....I think the kinetic balancer accomplishes the same thing.

Jay

10. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Will add one more thing. I can hear the weights slide on the rod during the recoil (as they are designed too), similar to the spring sound in an automatic. Got used to it, dont notice it anymore. Again...I like the kinetic balancer and would recommend it as an option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini summit impact vs summit
caesar guerini summit impact vs trap
guerini impact trap barrel
summit impact sporting vs summit impact trap
summit impact vs summit impact teap

summit impact vs summit trap

summit trap vs summit impact
top single for guerini summit impact