1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guerini Extra Full?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by McHale1, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McHale1

McHale1 TS Member

I just received the extra full choke for my Summit Impact Trap. Has anyone tried this choke? Results?

2. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

I have not...and don't know that I would as I find Guerini chokes to be 'tight' to start with...at least out of my Summit Impact. I find that compared to most guns Guerini chokes are about one-step tighter. For example... the Guerini LM equals most guns modified choke.

I can easily smoke targets at 16 yards with the 'lite modified,' but I shoot faster than most folks. I generally prefer the modified from 16 yards as the fringe pattern seems similar to the LM yet center shots make the target vanish.

I've only used the full choke for 'protection' and wood pile games. Otherwise I find the lite full to be sufficient for 27 yards. This is my experience, however, and I am not a 27 yard shooter (yet). My gun/ammo may pattern differently than others.

Mark T.

3. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I've had one for some time and used it up until I got hooked on Muller chokes. Screw it in and enjoy the smoke...

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Shoots like a bullet...you will know if you are on the target,..and when you're not for sure

5. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

I'm with Timney on this one. I have also found that they are tighter. I also use LF as apposed to a full Briley in my XT. I keep meaning to measure them to see the difference, but shooting always gets in the way.

Gene

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

you already got the answer but yes, my Full was really tight

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

My kid shoots a Guerini and all he uses is the improved mod. Turns targets to dust at the 27. He says he odviously does not need anything tighter.

8. MarkLT

MarkLT Member

I have one for my Magnus and use it when I am shooting scrap game and protetion. I practice with it from time to time on singles and my scores have improved a great deal since i started doing it. I love setting the trap to a locked position and practicing for the parking lot shoots. the bird can be a foot off the ground at the 50yard stake and I can still smoke it with the extra full

My guerini chokes are tighter than normal and as seen on the pattern board the full produces a hot core of 25 inches out to about 10 yards past most other full choked guns owned by the group that I shoot with.

9. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

My Guerini M is as tight as the IM in my Beretta.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Neil Winston should take notice on this thread, repeats of what I said months ago and got so many non believers, and called me anything but a liar, it brought about the Ohio State Challenge and the CG Full choke came through with flying colors.

Next will be with my Fabarms XLR5 if it needs to done again.

Gary Bryat
    DR.longshot

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I can attest to that Gary....while patterning the EF it was at least 50yds plus ..nearer 55 that I had to back up to just to get a clean representative 30" circle pattern..at 40 it was not quite 24" in dia and super dense...shot like a darn turkey choke

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I shoot the full for singles and caps from my Summit.

It turns targets inside out.

Bill Grill's son shoots the IM with equal result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.