1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

?? GUERINI ASCENT??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TinMan88, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Is anyone interested in the new style Summit Ascent model? They are supposed to arive soon in US. The ad hype is honking about a heads-up posture and a moderate raised rib. I've seen no review info yet, has anyone seen one at the shows or stores? TM

2. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I handled one, didn't shoot it. It is pretty much what it says it is and I couldn't find anything wrong with that. I liked the rib height. The action is the same Guerini action. The stock is nicely proportioned for the rib. It seemed a bit heavier than the sporting guns, but there weren't any scales around. It was a nice gun if what it has floats your boat.
    Dave

3. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I am focused on the stock config as the action is a summit and that is a fine package. I do not want the bridgework bolted to the top barrel, just a modest rib & comb that fits. TM

4. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I preferred the Ascent rib to the higher ones. If I were buying a Guerini tomorrow, it would probably be this one.
    Dave

5. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

There is a review in the new issue of ClayShooting USA. Weight on that gun was listed as 8-6 with the balance point about 1/2" forward of the hinge pins. Stock dimensions appear to be the ones from the catalog, rather than measuring the acual gun.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

guerrini ascent