1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUAM QUARTERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KRK32, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I got some change back today and noticed that the quarter in it was one of the state series quarters but it has guam on the back. Does anyone else think this is BS that our currency has a picture of a third world territory and a spanish slogan on the back of it. Kirk

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Political pressure - when the State series was nearly complete, it was decided to include Washington DC, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa to close out the series. The next bunch will be "significant" sites from around the country in the "America the Beautiful" series. Many of them seem less than significant to me.

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Guam is part of the United States. It's not a state but it is a US Territory. Don't tell me you didn't know that. It's principle language after English is Spanish. It was a Spanish colony for almost 400 years until 1898.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you didnt know Guam is part of the US- big, big, big issue.

I hope that isnt the case

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I do know that guam is a territory of the U.S. My questioning about it is how do they fall into the category of the statehood series of quarters. Kirk

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Surprised Pelosi didn't make them put the Starkist tuna on the back, complete less than minimum wage "natives' worshipping at his flipper(feet).

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Geez, MORE quarters? We're still trying to find a handful of states that it appears were never released in this region.

8. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

The "State" series ENDED last year (obviously). They moved onto US Territories, of which Guam is one and fits into the US Territories series. All this info was readily available on the US Mint website which would probably explain things better than asking how Guam fits into the completed State series of quarters...

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

KRK32

"Does anyone else think this is BS that our currency has a picture of a third world territory and a spanish slogan on the back of it."

Actually not any more than the fact that the new coins don't say "In God We Trust" on them.

Pocatello even with those five additions I still can't come up with the 57 states that Obama said he campaigned in....LOL

Bob Lawless

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The coin cost 3 cents to produce and the collector will keep it so the treasury is 22 cents to the good. Not quite as good as the $100 bills they are printing but it all adds up.

Anybody have a California quarter? I need it to complete the board I'm filling for my grandson.

11. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Good one, Bob.

BB

12. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The Literalist found my missing quarters and now, after ten years, the collection board is complete. Thanks Denny.

The 27 yard line is still on my bucket list. Always have to have something to look forward to - - - .

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Ivanhoe....."Actually not any more than the fact that the new coins don't say "In God We Trust" on them. "

so which coins don't have "In god we trust" on them??

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Frank these are the one I am referring to and they are only the first of many. In the future they will design them all with out "In God we trust" on them. Being PC is more important than the past or what most believe.

I made a passing comment in attempt at making a lighter situation on a subject that not to many of us have any control over. I have at least seen the coins I am referring to. I have never even seen a GUAM quarter.

So Frank Why is this comment a problem for you? The man asked for an opinion and I gave mine??????

Someone else seems to think I am missed informed. I have no idea just what he think I am misinformed about. That OK because I don't care what he think if he isn't going to explain what I am misinformed about.

Bob Lawless

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 56007

56007 TS Member

The mottos are on the edge of the new one dollar coins.

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Works for me.

17. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I was about to take a PICTURE for Bob, thanks Big Heap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting in guam