1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gualandi Wad identification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trappermike, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I have been given about 300 12 guage wads that have "GUALANDI ITALY" around the interior of the wad cup and the number 23 in the middle. I am trying to find loading data. They seem to load fine with 1 ounce of lead shot and about 18 grains of Red Dot. I have not shot any of htese and have just loaded three to see if they fit in a Remington STS hull. They seem to catch about three times in the mouth of the shell, although they do go in. I have looked at pictures in a couple of sites. They look like TUWGL1712 or TUWGL1412. Any advice? Any locations for loading information?

I like free, I also like some good loading information, especially if these raise chamber pressures.

Thanks,

Mike

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I have loaded thousands of them but they are for a straight wall hull...not Remingtons.

3. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

trappermike, They could be GU1222(1 1/8 oz), GU12225(1 oz). They do build higher PSI. Hodgon now has new data for straight wall hulls using these wads. Go to the Hodgon site and search for data using Fiochi-Cheditte. I have some data from Ballistic Products. Your 18gs using STS hull puts you on the high PSI. 18grs of RED Dot will put you in the 1180-1200fps in a straight wall hull. I just added the link above this should help. click the British flag for English, click plastic wads, they are listed under SuperG 12 Gauge. The last two digit of the wad number GU12_ _ are the wad height. If you are interest in the art of mold making look at the Rex 24 wad, if I had to compete using 24gram-7/8 oz Bunker loads this is the wad I would use, no powder migration, and lots of cushion, gives excellent patterns. 10tenner

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

10tenner is absolutely correct.. When you work with 24 gram.. and high speeds.. you need a much better structured wad than most American manufactures provide.. The concept of a dual rate of compression has left almost everyone except Downrange.. especially at speeds over 1350 fps..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gualandi 1222
gualandi 1222 wad
gualandi gu-1222
gualandi wad pictures

gualandi wads

gulandi 1222
gulandi wads