1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GU-1225 Wad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Buster 25, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

I am currently using Rex-1 powder, which is working quite well as a replacement for "CLAYS", which is no longer cost effective for me to use.

However, I am working in the dark with respect to "GOOD RELOADING DATA".

I note in the reloading data from Hodgdon that the wad listed for 7/8 & 1oz loads using Chedditte/Challanger hull's, and Chedditte primers is a GU-1225 wad.
    I have never heard of this wad, I did a Google search and found nothing on this wad.
    My question is:
    (1)Who makes and/or sells this wad with data?
    (2)Is there a "Claybuster" wad that is identical, with loading data?

I am greatfull for any & all help.

Art

2. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Can any one Help?

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Art, that number rings a bell. I don't know which firm used it in it's catalog, but it refers to a Gualandi wad. The 12 is for 12 gauge, the 25 is for the height in mm. The Gualandi Super-G series is the most common. They also make a V-Zero wad in that height, but I don't believe you can get it in the States anymore.

Click on Gualandi's web site (URL above) and scroll down to the Super-G 12 gauge H25 pix. Ballistic Specialties and Precision Reloading used to sell them. I don't know about now.

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

I have been looking at using rex powder as well but on the web site the data shows 20 grains of powder for 1 oz. i currently shoot and red dot is 16.5 grains so i dont think i would really be saving much in the long run having to drop more powder so i am sticking with red dot but using cheddite primers though. google rex powder and they have plenty loading data.

Bill

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Graf&sons sell this wad. Ive used it over the years made for the straight walled hulls like Gold medals ect. Works good

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Graf & Sons sell several of the Gualandi wads. I have used the GU-1222 for one ounce loads, the GU-1225 for 7/8 ounce loads and the GU-1227 for 3/4 ounce loads in straight wall hulls (Fed Top Gun, Estate, Fiocchi) with Clays powder. They are great wads but must only be used with straight wall hulls.

Jim Skeel

7. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Thanks Gent's
    At least I have a point from which to start.
    From what little experamental research I have done 17.5gr of Rex-1, in a A/A hull, Cheddit primer, 7/8oz Shot in a Claybuster 7/8, 1oz "Lightning" wad.
    Gave me an avg. of 1280fps on my cronagraph.
    It FEEL's comfortabel and Smokes clay birds @ 16 yrd.
    I am now working on a Handicap load.
    Any and all help or suggestions are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gu 1225 wad

gu 2025 wad

gu1225
gualandi gu-1227 wads
gualandi super g 25 wad
gualandi super g wads
gulandi 1222
replacement wad for gu1225