1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grudge Match Results - Longshot is DA MAN !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The results are in. Give credit where credit is due, Dr. Longshot, Gary Bryant, has won the Ohio State Grudge Match over BIGDON 37 to 35. The first 25 were shot at the 30 yd. line as requested by BIGDON. However, the Marine from Michigan was upset by Longshirt 21 to 16. BIGDON didn't seem to have his MOJO while Longshort shot a very good score obviously tuned in by his constant training at yardages from 40 to 145 yards. However, the second 25 was shot from the 25 yd line, 2 hole at 52mph as requested by Longshot. BIGDON pulled out his model 12 and bested Longshot 19 to 16. However, the Big Marine fell short on the total tally by 2 birds. A huge crowd was there with almost all the squares sold on the board. Money was made for Jr. Scholarships which is the important thing. Everyone had fun...well almost everyone which excludes Dr. Longshot. Thanks again to the OSTA for putting this together with the initiative generated by those antagonizers here on TS.com. I will upload pictures by tomorrow.

blade819

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Good shooting Dr. Knew you could do it.

3. blade819

4. blade819

No comments on this post. Must be because my account of the match was too descriptive and I was rooting for BIGDON?

blade819

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Nope it's just that silence is Golden ;o) Jerry

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Darn it blade, you jinxed our BIGDON. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with for this.

Wait til Longshorts starts tooting his own horn now. I'm covering my ears.

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Looks like the Longshot haters are mostly speechless.

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Congrats to the "Doctor" for his victory! and thanks to both him and Big Don for doing this for a good cause! Maybe there will be a "rematch"? From what I read this kind these kinds of challenges was common in the old days and drew large creowds!-- Now I'm waiting for the T-Shirts! :)

9. blade819

Actually Longshot isn't a bad shooter and he shoots a good gun. However, he strikes me as not the friendliest guy around. This was suppose to be a "fun" thing and it didn't look like he had any.

blade819

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Hey, as much harassment as Gary takes, I can understand why he would take the match seriously. Let's face it, BIGDON is not a fan...

Ed

11. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I know Gary (Longshot) and he is a pretty friendly guy. But when he is serious as he was for this shoot, he can seem kind of cold. The man has alot of pride and it was on the line today. Don't sell the man short, he loves the game and just backed up some of the things he has stated. I know sometimes he comes off kind of (shall I call it crazy?) but the man knows a lot more than he gets credit for.

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Congrats to both guys for standing up and doing it. I'm sure BigDon walked over and shook his hand when it was over. Bill

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have this to say, 2 hole 30 yard targets is not the answer, I used AA Super Handicaps on the 30 yard targets and they did the job admirably.

The 25 yard 3 hole targets was the test, I used the shells we shot in the 70s they were Remington 1200fps 7.5s they were slow and needed more lead which I failed to give them.

To do the 25 yard hand pulled targets on 3 hole I would use the AA Super Handicaps, because SPEED DOES KILL.

It would be a waste of money to pour 30 yard walks with shells like the AA Super Handicaps, Rem. Nitro 27s, Federtal Handicap, Estate Handicap or any other 1250 Fps shell.

I wanted to give the 3 hole target a fair shake using 1200 fps shells and the proof was the 1200fps shells needed more lead, I shot behind the angles and under the straight aways, just going back to the 3 hole 55 yard target is all that is needed, and today I proved my point.

If I had shot AA Super Handicaps on both traps the margin of win would have been huge.

If I ever get into another challenge I will use AA Super Handicaps all the way.

Thats the facts, nothing can change them.

Gary Bryuant
    Dr.longshot

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Good job, the both of you. Glad that the kids came out the real winner today. Should do more things like this. It is kinda old fashioned but Ibet there are more old fashioned shooters than not. John

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gary, I commend you for shooting for the kids. But don't get too boastful. A 37 is nothing to brag about. I'm sure Don would agree with his score.

This was for the kids, not your personal gratification.

16. machete

machete TS Member

This match was for Longshot to prove his point - the kid stuff was icing on the cake to make it so Don couldn't say no. The Doc showed what the real targets we should be shooting are. 3 hole - 55 yard. Proved that point well Doc. Looks like the Doc even gave Don an ammo advantage. Good to see the scores drop, make a 100 mean something again. This will be the most watched match of the year.

17. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

As usual didnt prove a thing. 5o targets prove nothing and at best the scores were pitiful. They did a good deed for charity and that is all. The better shooters would not have been affected.

18. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Congrats to both, although done for a good cause it sure did provide lots of entertainment. It's going to be awful quiet here now. LOL

19. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

no it will not be so quiet he will find something else to argue about

20. TjayE

TjayE Member

Tina, give the Dr. a break. He backed up his statements by winning the grudge match with Big Don. You don't hear Big Don making any excuses for losing to the Dr.

Tina, I will look you up at the Ohio State shoot, now you have a good day. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.