1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Growing the NRA membership

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

You might not like everything the NRA does but if you like having guns you better join and work on getting other people to join. I would say that we are in a very serious crossroad in our country and perhaps will eventually have to have something to protect us from the government's tyranny. Along with that we need to start organizing to vote the congressmen out who seem (in order to be politically correct) to forget that we have a constitution, you know the one they swore to uphold.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

But the 2nd Amendment has to do with hunting and sporting purpose. You don't need that evil assault weapon or high capacity clips.

It really comes down to two choices. You are either pro-gun or you are in favor of gun control.

There is no middle of the road on this subject in our country.

The gun control advocates will not settle for "common" sense gun laws, they want all firearm removed from circulation.

3. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

If you need a 30 round clip, you are nuts. And a bad shot.

If you need an assault rifle, you are nuts. And want to play soldier.

If you need the NRA, you don’t know how to vote.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm...we'll make sure to tell that to all the champion shots at Camp Perry, with their assault rifles.

The 14 year-old girls there in Marksman class, on a bad day, could probably outshoot CharlesK80 any day of his life.

5. Herb in Oregon

Herb in Oregon TS Member

With my second post ever on ts.com I second the motion to go out and recruit new membership to the NRA. We can all give memberships to friends and relatives for Christmas. If you belong to trap, fishing, hunting,or any outdoors club, sign up every person who owns a gun. They need to realize, it's all on the line now. It's hard to tell how big this liberal snowball will get, or how far it will role. Also, EVERYONE - call all your Congressional Reps. and demand a National Investigation into the causes of this growing trend of violence in our country, to include experts in mental health, experts on the effects of violent entertainment and violence in the media, and the education of self-defense against future incidents. Guns have always been here, but people have changed. Kids can't pray in the school where they die, but the Head Hippocrite comes from DC to pray over their bodies, in front of the media cameras. No Ten Commandments in the courthouse anymore, but plenty of glorified violence on our tv every night. Without our guns, watch how fast the rest of our freedoms disappear.

6. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

well said herb. i especialy like the dc hyprocite part. enjoyed ur post thnks howard

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Of course Rich219 is trying to sell assualt rifles as the dead children are being burried to make a profit off of all of this so he has his obvious motivation

He also previously had claimed to be a continual member of the NRA- but what happened to that claim and he has called trapshooters names and said they are weak on guns. Rich has his own views

Regardless

The lines are not cut as Rich would try to label them- they arent about his profit and loss statement.

This is about reasonable discourse and what will happen next. What exactly does the second amendment protect? There is disagreement. I dont think bearing arms that phrase in the constituion included tanks or apcs or stinger missles which can shoot down aircraft or machine guns yet all of those could I suppose be used to defend yourself if some unforseen event occurred. How close is an A4 to a military grade weapon? Well this Bushmaster is a very cheap imitation but forgetting about quality control it is essentially identical except it doesnt have a selector switch for 3 round bursts or continuous auto fire.

Now all or nothing guys like Rich219 but who dont profit and sell arms truly believe that if you say yes to any conversation you will lose. Such a person caused George Bush- the greatest Presidential friend gun owners have ever had to resign his life membership in the NRA

Parents of young children feel they are being told to shut up and they will push harder because of that. Most Americans have been involved with young children at one time in their life or another.

This is not very different than smoking in their eyes. Non smokers were told to shut up for decades by smokers because the smokers had rights,meaning the non smokers didnt.

Both sides here have rights and the rights are conflicting apparently.

The conversation will occur- and the second amendment may be interpreted after the conversation is over and maybe Rich is right but the the families in Conn have a right to be heard and they have a right to the "pursuit of happiness" and their pursuit is hindered they feel by the uncontrolled sale and use of this type of weapon

I personally am not for turning these weapons in or preventing their sale but I am for more regulation and just being able to walk into a gun show and walk out with several of these or a dozen or whatever with no check at all is wrong.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

As far as the NRA- they are the only show in town. The reason more gun owners dont join is that the gunowner is cheap. If you disagree with the NRA and are a member- tell them which policy you disagree with.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Somewhere in Iowa a nursing home is missing a dementia patient.

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Good idea to increase the NRA membership. I am going to give an NRA membership as a Christmas present.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I just got my new Life Member NRA card and a form for renewal, both in the same day ... Got to love 'em ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.