1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grizzly Bear Trap pictures coming from MIA

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by map@neo, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

0   0   0

Renewing a for sale ad for a Grizzly bear trap. Largest commercial trap ever produced. Measures 44" across, 20" wide with jaws open and weighs approx. 55#s.
    $1750. plus freight. Pictures forcoming from MIA. Thankyou.

map

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

3. map@neo

map@neo Member

0   0   0

B t w, perfect working order !!!

4. 100straight

100straight Member

0   0   0

Traps are usually dyed in logwood where I come from. We used to have trap setting contests at conventions, and one of the events was for setting this sort of trap. The normal times were several minutes while contestants fiddled with setting tools that looked like "C" clamps or big tongs, etc. One year a family was at a convention in Illinois. They were from North Dakota I believe, and it was pretty obvious that they had Native American blood in them. I won the conibear and small trap setting classes, and didn't even plan to enter the bear trap setting contest because I value my limbs too much. One member of the North Dakota group who looked to be about 15 years old, and maybe 130 pounds, asked if there was any rule to prevent him from starting his routine of setting the bear trap from atop a fence next to the setting area. Some discussion followed and no one could see any problem with his request, so he was allowed to climb atop the fence. Upon the signal to start he jumped from the fence and landed with both feet on the spings of the trap, and as the springs depressed and the jaws opened he had the pan set before anyone realized he was done. The timekeeper was so amazed that he forgot to press the stop button on the stopwatch, but the young man's time was eventually recorded as 7 seconds. I'd never seen anything like it, and never have since.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

5. map@neo

map@neo Member

0   0   0

"Trap" was set and SOLD! Thanks MIA and everyone. Glad you enjoyed a piece of history.

map

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Fun Mike. Nice going and anytime.

Jack

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mark, Great story