1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grip problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lewes, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewes

Lewes Member

I have a shooting friend who on occasion trigger hand slips off the grip causing either a flinch or a totally missed shot. Seems like the grip is shaped in a way that causes him to reach for the trigger. He handled a gun with a deeper pistol grip that seemed to work. Short of getting a new stock is there any way the grip could be built out (Forward) to bring his hand closer to the trigger ? I do not think his trigger is adjustable. Thanks for any suggestions. Irv

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Customize the grip using bondo. When you get it just right you can paint it or give it to a stock maker to duplicate it in wood. HMB

3. Lewes

Lewes Member

I can't seem to access Trainer Hale's web site. What is suggested would be ideal. We do not wish to make any lasting changes at this time. Thanks for the suggestions. Irv

4. sixten38

sixten38 Member

I have a PFS set up and found the grip to be to short for my larger hand, I found a product called ratgrip website link above that has a heatable polymer material that can be molded to fit. You need a heat gun to work with the material. You can layer it cut it sand it etc. Should you want to remove it you just heat it up and pull it off. I created an extension for the PFS grip and then used the ratgrip material to form fit to my hand and get my index finger in the proper position. I have been shooting it on my PFS for almost a year and it is holding up great. Hope this helps.
    sixten38_2008_160349.jpg

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The Trainer Hale phone number is 1-830-420-4530. Email:bcsrths@sbcglobal.net Ron

6. Lewes

Lewes Member

I appreciate all the replies ! Thanks for the input ! Irv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.