1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grip Filler

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by racer, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racer

racer TS Member

Someone used to make a rubber strip that went between the grip and trigger to close the gap. I'd like to try one before getting a stock made. Any ideas where to get one? Thanks, Dan

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Is this what your looking for? If so Gamaliel's has it for sale. Click link above.---Matt

grntitan_2009_250318.jpg

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

What is the objective?

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm confused as well. I thought he wanted Palm Swell. Now that i read the post again i see its not.

Like Jerry asked, what is the purpose of the item your looking for? Is it a grip aid or cosmetic?

5. racer

racer TS Member

I should have explained better. I want my grip hand fingers closer to the trigger. I want to fill in the area between the grip and rear of trigger guard to make this area straighter. Used to be someone that made about a 3/8 strip of rubber that glued to the front of the grip. Thanks, Dan

6. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Use tape for tennis rackets.

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

Try the above website, it should do what you are looking for. You might also take a look at this thread...

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=245539

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

If you need to get your trigger finger closer to the trigger you will have to remove wood from the back side of the grip. If you just want a bigger grip, you will have to be creative.

9. Borderland

Borderland Member

Racer is correct...I have seen(advertised) the item that closes the distance between the front of the grip and the rear of the trigger guard but at the moment(senior one)I cannot recall the advertiser or seller. It may be that the item is actually for a large frame revolver.

Ken

10. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Dan:
    Southwest shooters supply use to sell what you are looking for. Don't know if they still do or not. A couple of years ago I made something to get my trigger finger closer to the trigger as my hands are very small.

I put velcro in the pistol grip area and built it up until it felt right. In my case I had to add 1 1/16 of an inch closer to the trigger. I then placed electrical tap around it. It works for me.
    Steve Balistreri

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

senior smoke , explain how filling in the area in front of the grip makes the finger longer? That does not change the distance from the finger to the trigger. Am I confused?

12. jhoward

jhoward Member

It doesn't make the finger longer, it moves the entire hand forward, placing the hand closer to the trigger.

13. senior smoke

JerryP: Exactly what jhoward said. What I first did was take as much wood as I could from the back side of the grip. I was still not able to place my finger exactly where I wanted it on the trigger. Then I added velcro in front of the pistol grip as it moved my hand forward allowing me to place my finger on the trigger where I wanted it to be. The combination of the two, has enabled me to break more targets.
    Steve

14. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

How does it move the "entire hand forward" when the rear of the grip is blocking it from moving forward? To move the hand forward, material has to be removed from the rear of the grip. That is the only way.

senior smoke , the wood you removed from the back of the grip got your hand as close as it was going to get. Adding to the front will change the feel but cannot move the hand closer, it is a physical impossibility. It will move the grip fingers closer by enlarging the grip size but the back of the hand stays in the same position.

15. jhoward

jhoward Member

Not necessarily, you may have to rearrange your thumb a bit, but you can move your hand forward. It just depends on what is comfortable for you.

16. senior smoke

Jerry P.
    I don't know all the technical aspects but it worked for me?? You may be correct, but what ever I did, it got me what I wanted.
    Steve

17. RAScott

RAScott Member

A friend of mine used a limbsaver bow wrap (for archery) it has great grips and you wrap it and tuck it under a wrap and works great for him.

Bob S

18. racer

racer TS Member

Several good ideas- thanks.

JerryP- what I was asking has nothing to do with the trigger. I want to straighten the grip area for a straighter pull back to the shoulder.Have fun, Dan

19. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Racer (Dan),

I think I have installed on my 4 competition guns the very item you are talking about. I purchased mine many years ago at Trainer Hale Supply (Vernon Winkleman's shooting range outside of Marion, Texas phone number: 830-914-2182). It made the pistol grip "straighter" (more along the lines like Perazzi has on their stocks) and also has a palm swell on the right-side. My Krieghoffs already had a palm swell, so luckily I have bigger hands and the extra size doesn't bother me. I can't remember the name of the company that makes them. I think the are called a grip extension. Added about 3/4" or slightly more to the bottom area of the pistol grip and was "supposed" to be held on with some cheesy double-stick tape. After putting some higher-strength double-stick all around the inside of the unit. I finished it off with Wilson tennis wrap tape. I will include a picture of my guns to see if this might be what you are talking about. You can almost "see" where the original pistol grip ends, right behind the "W" on the bottom of the grip.

Mike Hessong* (MH*) "Don't Mess With Texas"

Victoria, Texas
    mikehessongmh_2008_03031.jpg

20. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Read article on Rudy Etchen why many like the finger closer to the trigger(closed grip), makes sense to me. I have one on my skeet gun but they are no longer made from what I was told. Made by the same company that makes the foam pad that goes on your comb, Deezee or something like that I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
distance between trigger and stock grip on shotgun
fillergrip
grip filler
pistol grip filler

shotgun grip filler

shotgun grip well filler
shotgun stock grip filler