1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grip extender?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Vickie, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vickie

Vickie Member

We have a friend that has lost part of his trigger finger and is having a hard time reaching the trigger. We have been looking for one of those rubber stick on pads, that goes on the stock to move your hand forward. Does anyone understand what I am looking for? Anyway, does anyone know where to find something like this to move his hand forward, it just might help him reach the trigger.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vickie

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I know what you mean and I have used one in the past but my brain is in fade mode at the moment and I can't think of the name of it. I think I bought it from Southwest Shooter's Supply. Those of us with short fingers often wrap the grip with tennis racket grip tape. JRm

3. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Vickie I know exactly what you are talking about, Kickeez made them but no longer does. I just went through this exact deal last week. I am building a custom one for a guy now and would make one to your friend spec's. Give me a call at 208/476/7480 and we can talk about what is needed.
    Carey

4. Vickie

Vickie Member

Well, the friend is a friend of a friend of ours, and they seem to think a trigger shoe will help. I can't see how it would, think he needs to have his hand closer to the trigger. I had one of these things, but I too cannot remember where we got it, and where it is right now. I can find all kinds of palm swells, but not this.

I will keep checking, maybe we can find one somewhere.

Thanks again,
    Vickie

5. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

You can fashion one from a stick on neoprene cheek pad.

OR

You can build up the grip using bondo or Mighty Putty. Easy to use and perfect for this type of job.

6. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

sims makes a bunch of grip tape and strips for bows you may try one fo them on the front of the pistol grip.

pry help with recoil too!!!!

Nick

7. Vickie

Vickie Member

Thanks Daniel, I got in touch with Trainer Hale in Texas, and he happened to have one and is sending it out.

Thanks everyone for your help. I knew someone on here would know where to find one.

Now hopefully our friend of a friend can go hunting again.

Thanks again,
    Vickie

8. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Has he tried using his middle finger?
    i see a few shooters do this that has lost the trig finger.
    Good luck
    Railroad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.