1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

grinding gooey pads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

is there any way to grind a gooey pad w/ out a super fast rpm sander? The factory calls for a sander w/ a 3500 rpm, but I can't find anything that'll do that w/ out costing big bucks.

2. Wentez

Wentez Member

Freeze a Gooey pad - do not get in a hurry - refreeze. Or dip the pad in water between sander passes - I use a 6" x 48" belt sander.

I use Trap Dude/Gooey on my guns. Kickeez and Trap Dude make convex or rocker shaped pads which I prefer. The Kickeez will last longer.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I heard the freeze advice too, sounds like the way to go.

HM

4. guncase

guncase TS Member

I have sold and installed a lot of the Gooey pads, (like 300 or so). Tried that freeze thing,, made no difference. Just use any belt sander you have, take your time!!! It is heat that causes problems. They melt. Then you have a mess. Just keep it cool and do not hurry the grinding process and you can do a good job of it. Some people make a big deal out of it,, just take your time!! Paul

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

thanks for the info guys. I'm going to start installing pads for some of the guys at the club (small time deal) for a little extra shooting $, and figured if I was going to buy a sander, I might as well buy one so I can do gooey pads for myself too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.