1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grilling Steaks (continued)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dave P, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Canton, Il.
    In the original post there was many mentions of different kinds of salts. What's the difference? Sea salt, Kosher salt,Low sodium etc.

I read where marinating your steaks all night in a bad of tomato juice tenderizes the steak. Tried it and it seem to work.

Years ago Charbroil had a seasoning avaiable in their catalog that appeared to be liquid but had about a third of the jar filled with seeds of some sort. I wish I knew what it was called now and where to get it. It wasn't cheap but it tasted tremendous.
  2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Dave P,

I mentioned a little bit of this on the previous thread. When I decide that I want some steaks, I head to the meat market (slaughter house in Kentucky). I usually pick the meat up at 4PM. When I get home, I get a pan big enough to hold steaks. I put Dale's Seasoning in bottom of pan. Be very careful with Dale's, a little goes a long way as it is salty. I then sprinkle Garlic Salt and Black Pepper in pan. I lay steaks in there, and then pour Dale's, Garlic salt, and pepper on top of them. I leave at room temperature until I am ready to throw them on. I usually like Ribeyes around 1 1/4" thick, but I never turn down a filet. Dang, I am getting hungry!

Matt Woodson
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.