1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Griggs Recoil Reducer-need advice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Barker, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I can only think that since I have not seen a Griggs Recoil Redirector for a long time, is that they did not work as well as the current offerings in regards to recoil reducers on the market.

Can anyone relate first hand their experiences with a Griggs? I am not even sure they are made anymore.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had them on my Ljutic 73 and Browning Superposed for about 20 years. They worked great but then I lost weight and found they kicked me more than I liked and I went to KickEez pads. Jay Griggs's installed my first one at the '83 Spring Grand and then serviced both in '92 at the Montana State Shoot in Helena. No charge for the tune ups and a great guy to deal with. I understand that after Jay's health failed his son took over the business. Don't know if that is still the case or not.

Ron Burr

Alberta

3. Rick Barker

Thanks for the info. I to have a Ljutic with a Kick-Eze, and the thing is starting to bite. I have already switched to 1oz loads, but wanted to look at a butt plate treatment, before I did anything more radical.

4. Rick Barker

I have a Cynergy that I bought when they first came out. I use it on Doubles, so I can agree with your comments about it. I am familiar with the Griggs from many years ago, but have not seem any since everyone started using spring an hydro systems. I have a drawing of a Grigg, showing the spring location and mount, and if I was handy with machinery, I would try to make one.

5. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

I bought one years ago and it worked very well. I eventually went to a precision stock and no longer use it. It's in A1 condition along with the paperwork for it. Simple design and works enough to move your comb down and away from smacking your face. If that's the problem you're having, it's the solution. It's not a full recoil reducer. As the name implies, it's a redirector.

Augie

6. Rick Barker

Augie Daddi
    After I named my thread, I realized I did not use the correct name and could not change it. If you ever run across a location where I can buy one, let me know. If yours is for sale, how wide and how long is it and how much??

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've got one you can have for nothing, you pay shipping.

8. Rick Barker

EuroJoe,

Sent you a PM

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Used one in the seventies. It wasn't compatible with the way I shoot and broke a large blood vessel in my shoulder. I lost over a pint of blood internally and had to have it syphoned off. Mr. Griggs gave me my money back and I'm not litigious.

10. Rick Barker

EuroJoe

I am sending you a Scotch plastic bubble mailer with another inside it. The inside mailer will have the postage on it necessary to send the redirector back to me. Use the outside envelope to wrap the redirector and put in the return envelope. Might want to re-enforce the flap on the return envelope. I would ssupect this thing does not weigh over a pound, so I should have enough postage on the teturn to get to me.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
griggs recoil redirector

griggs recoil reducer