1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Griffith Ikes NW INDIANA turkey shoots

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by fishguts, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishguts

fishguts Member

Griffith Izaak Walton League of America will host it's ANNUAL FALL TURKEY SHOOT the week-ends of Nov.5 and 6, and Nov.12 and 13.

Various shoot games will be available: 5 from the line, protections, killers, 5 from 27yds, and a CALCUTTA on saturday evening.

There will be stills and splatter boards in the pavillion area also.

Times are: 10am to 5pm on saturdays and 10:30am to 4pm on sundays.

The club is located 1/4 mile East of Colfax on Main street in Griffith, Indiana.

FOOD and BEVERAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE.

219-924-0650

2. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Sounds like fun... See everyone this weekend. Bill Rod

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

Bill, it's always a fun time...you should do well.

Wayne

4. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

ttt

5. Who's next

Who's next Member

i'm sorry to say but i will not be able to shoot this weekend. it's my weekend to work. so in my place i will be sending a future michigan hall of fame shooter to help matt k win some meat to bring back home. i will be shooting next weekend with matt k looking foward to a great shoot and slow pulls. rick krizinski

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

Rick K., Larry say's he will save some slow pulls for you....

Wayne

7. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Wayne - Amen to that statement.. Ohh the Agony of the Larry. lol Bill

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Larry Cantebary?

Matt Ski

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

Nice weather on tap for saturday and sunday

10. pullbangloss

I can hear Bill already....."Pull!.....No!". (Drop the gun, open gun, reset)

Would be a good one!

Matt Ski

11. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Matty - Only if you or Anthony are pulling.
    I heard we are having Drinks on the Matt Ski... Oh Yeah.... Mmmmm Bill Rod

12. fishguts

fishguts Member

Matt, I've heard this before, from B-ROD I think....."PULL"!!.....No!!, Elman, shut up!!!..."PULL".

LOL

13. Who's next

Who's next Member

i would like to thank everyone that took the meat from matt and todd on sat. i plan on having dinner planed for the week. he did bring some scraps home he and todd must have stop at the store before they came home. i will be shooting next weekend but i don't know if matt is going to come. you guys must have picked on him pretty good. see everyone next week rick k

14. pullbangloss

Thanks to all the friendly Indiana shooters for letting Todd and I win a few more today. Appreciate it. Please be sure and treat my father and I the same way next week.

Seriously, nice job to Otis and the gang. This is a great shoot and really well run. With the exception of the guy in the Packers hat, all the volunteers did a great job!

See ya next weekend!

Matt Ski

15. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Should be another great time this upcoming weekend. Otis and crew did an outstanding job not forgetting about the awesome cooking. Thank you Diane... Bill R.

16. fishguts

fishguts Member

Yes, a fun time last week-end....all the shooters are such good people to be around. Jokes, slurs and cut-lows all taken in stride. Don't miss a target because you're in for it...all in good fun.

And yes, if not for all the guys that give up shooting those days to volunteer their time to run the shoot, there would be no shoot...THANKS, you know who you are.

Now for the "cook". Cook?..Diane Cochran isn't a cook, she is a chef!! Did you see the menu choices? That is handled by Mrs.Cochran, on her own. THANK-YOU, everyone really appreciates the food you prepare.....and passing out the meat to the winners at the same time. It took her ten trips to get Matt and Todd's meat alone!!

.....and lets put an end to the Larry bashing, OK. So he gives you a slow pull at a critical time, or a fast pull, or no pull. It's not easy to push a button and then make an X. (LOL).

Dave S., bring a deck of cards next week-end, or some dice, you have much to learn.

See everyone this week-end.........Fishguts

17. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

18. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Looks like it is going to be an Ok weekend... Bill R

19. fishguts

fishguts Member

20. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

This is probably a great shoot for some but not for others. By allowing shooters to sign up for 20 or so consecutive shoots you are shutting out others who would also like to shoot. The protection trap was dominated primarily by the same shooters round after round for most of the afternoon. Perhaps limiting the number of shoots to 3 that a person can sign up for at one time would allow other shooters to participate in your program and you might even get more shooters to attend. Now I know that you're thinking, "Well if he doesn't like the way we run things, he just doesn't need to come back", which I won't and based on some of the comments from other shooters, they won't be back either, because like me, they came to shoot and have a good time. Not to set and watch the same guys shoot over and over. You put a message in this forum inviting shooters to attend and then ran it in a fashion that limited the shooting to just a few. Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

griffith indiana turkey shoot

indiana turkey shoots

turkey shoots nw indiana