1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Hissem Retires

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mmiller, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmiller

mmiller TS Supporters TS Supporters

Per His Website: www.greghissemstockworks.com He is retireing from the stock business.

Good Luck and I will see you at the Trap Range this summer

mike miller (webmaster for Greg)

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

A true craftsman and good guy. Best wishes.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Glad he did mine last year. Good luck Greg.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I always admired his work. Never met him, but I've always heard he's a great guy.

5. HKJ

HKJ Member

Greg,

Enjoy your retirement!....in my opinion you are a real craftsman second to none!

Kent

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

There you go Shootlow, a chance to get back into the stock business......

Greg was one of the best!

Hauxfan!

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Greg-you were the best--you set the standard for quality, service & honesty. This why you will be missed. Now it is open for someone to step up to the plate to fill this void. With luck you too will have a nice retirement on your own terms.

Phil Berkowitz

8. wlc

wlc Member

Enjoy your retirement Greg. A lot of shooters, myself included, are going to miss dealing with him. He has always done great work and is a true gentleman.

9. Red Dirt

Red Dirt TS Member

I never met Greg but I heard lots of good things about him and his work. I am still new to the stock business (a year and a half) but I would like to fill the void left by Greg although I probably don't do as much as he did. I do recoil pads, the bump buster recoil reducer, adjusters, buttplates and combs and I am based out of the Oklahoma City area. My website is www.reddirtstockworks.com if anyone wants to see my work and let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks
    James Travis

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Again-Greg was kinda unique--he told you when to ship your stock, etc.--this was based on his work load. he never fouled up and every job he did was perfect & there was NEVER a delay in completion. So. too all you wanna be stock guys out there. wait till you know that you can complete the job before you make promises that you can't fulfill. If a customer has to wait beyond the promised date---you most likely did a job but lost a customer.

Phil Berkowitz

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Greg did some stocks for me. Nice guy easy to talk to and he did great work.
    Hate to see him go, but it's time to injoy life.

12. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Shot with Greg when lived in Ks and he has done a lot of
    stock work for me. Great guy and did excellent work. Hate
    to C him retire but best wishes for a long and happy retirement.

Doyal

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Suppose he finally decided that he was getting to shoot enough... Furthermore, probably thought he needed to play alittle more cribbage. Some guys just can't take it!

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congrats, Greg...please be gentle on Martin and me at the shoots. The competition is stiff enough as it is...LOL!!!

15. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Congratulations Greg! I am grateful for the thoughful advice and the fabulous work you did on my gun.

bluedsteel

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Not much to add, except he was as honest as the day is long and would not mislead in order to up sell....

17. tomward

tomward TS Member

Good for you Greg. I'll miss ya! Tom Ward

18. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Yes Gregg is a very fine stock man did a couple for me and also one of my friends. Ive also had Tron do some stocks, (combs) for me and does excellent work, also, reasonable, and quick turnaround. When Tron does a adjustable comb he gives you a package of colored washers which really works well. Give Tron a try. Also I dont mean to cut in on a thread, but Happy retirement GRegg Hissem and many more years to follow, there is nothing like it if you maintain GOOD HEALTH!! Once again good luck alex Kotter superior Wisconsin

19. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

Best wishes to ya Greg, thanks for your work on guns....and with the Kids, you made some fine Nebraska shooters, even though you're from the south. Jim Bornschlegl

20. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

When he did my comb, instead of him having it for 4 weeks, he just let me know when to ship it. I had it back in 7 days.

Why do all the good ones retire, and the tractor mechanics stay in business forever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

greg hissem stocks