1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings to all my Democrat Friends...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Luckyman, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
    To My Republican Friends:
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It was really getting deep. Bulge

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Point taken. JRM

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

From another Republican - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Anything else does not matter.

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Luckyman,Merry Christmas to you and all your love ones.
    Got your drift.
    The republicans dug their grave last night,by blocking the bailout for the big three.

Yet, they gave the Wall Street #44holes a blank check.

Trust me you have not seen the end of this yet.
    People are starting to get #issed.

You had #am well load your guns.

The American Worker is very tired of the big cats saying I got it and you should not be equal with me.

Working man pays the band and the Fat cat gets to do the dancing.

This will be 1929 all over again,and it's not going to be pretty.

Merry Christmas

PS.Have you ever thought of the many people that are not going to have a very Merry Christmas?Bet the big dogs at AIG,etc. have a very Merry Christmas.

What a DISGRACE to the American Worker.

Bo

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Bocephas So a bailout of the union would good thing . But you are correct people are Pi$$ed .

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Union bigs refused wage concessions.

Someone fill me in.

And what about the "Labor Pool"? I won't want my tax dollars feeding that crap.

HM

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Alf-99:

I did not say a bailout of the union was a good thing.
    My point being is there are a lot of small plants that make parts for the big three at a much lower wage. You will see a ripple effect accross the US and parts of the world if the automakers go down.
    I will say this if the union workers want their jobs,they had #am well make some concessions. You will see the steel,rubber,glass,spark plug,industry and many others trucking etc. go down.

How our politicians can reward the big banks etc.and forget the little guy is beyond me.

Don't forget this was not a loan,but a bailout of your TAX DOLLARS.
    The big three was asking for a LOAN.

Then low and behold AIG doubles it's top 100 fat cat's wages.
    Is this a slap on the back or what?

Bo

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I don't think the auto makers will fare any better with the bailout, loan or whatever you wnat to call it, than they would if they reorganized under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Law. Two of the three will probably be back with their hand out in 6 months anyway.

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The Republican senators from the southern states which have Toyota, VW, BMW, Nissan, etc. factories blocked the bailout. They see it also as an opportunity to "bust" the unions. Kill em' for ever. Good luck with that.

11. englishupland

englishupland Member

There you have it...an ignorant public....Any idea what chapter 7 means to an industry employing 3million ou.3200 ???

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

The real thing that should be done is they all be broken up into seperate companies. Wether by brands or what I don't no.

Anytime any company gets large enough that it can set the country's economy in a tail spin means it has become to large and two powerful.

By giving the Auto industry the billions is just a slow way of fooling the citzens of this country that things will turn aroung. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. You must have people working that will be getting paychecks before they can buy cars. No job, no check. But at least whitecollar workers will be getting some checks a little while longer.

And as I said in the past. Oil is attached so close to the stock market that as the market rasised so does the oil. As fears ease, oil will rise. Opec and the Domestic oil companies are so greedy that the ecomony will never comeback until their is a cheap alternative. In which case the new administration will not let that happen. To much big money to pass around. Taxpayer's money that is.

Even if Nobama is found with dirty hands in the Gov.'s case the media will twist it. Rupurt Mardoc will see to that.

Unless you look way out into the future to see what is likely to happen in their favor and try to curve their deeds by opposing their new laws then you are doomed.

If you can find many of my other post over the last 2yrs you will see I have been dead on right all the way through.

If anything is to be done is Opec must be put out of business and that will put the Russians back in their place. B12

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Why don't you enlighten us with your version?

14. englishupland

englishupland Member

I can see it now...US Military driving across the desert defending our freedom in a Toyota tank

Only the big H on the Hummers will say Honda!

Unreal.....I don't care if you are Rep. or Dem. Salary or hourly, rich, poor, or indifferent....Takeall of the BS out of it, and letting this fail was a TERRIBLE business decision.....These non-returning REps. are going to take the UAW with them when they leave, or least try to...

Even the Japs want the loan to go through, they use the same suppliers....

Never would I think I would see this kind of selfishness and ploy.

15. englishupland

englishupland Member

I think the Republicans did themselves in with this one..With the new congress and new President coming, I think any republican ideas to enter Washington will be pitched in the can and possibly their whole ideal system all but a distant memory, at least for 4 years.

16. englishupland

englishupland Member

Why don't you enlighten us with your version?

I can't....Anyone who thinks you re-organize under Chp 7 is to mis-informed to listen anyway

17. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

I love it! You have people working like #ell for anywhere from $10 to $20 an hour bailing out union workers knocking down $70 to $75 per hour, benefits included!

Ah, only in America!

The Bayrat

18. englishupland

englishupland Member

Whats with the "bailout" talk...its a loan...Not a $180BL AIG giftcard

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It, a LOAN -- and the Checks in the mail .

I think we all know they will be back in 6 months looking for more .

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The stock market finnished on the up side. I guess the Wall Street boys thought killing the bailout was a good idea. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.