1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Greensburg, KS leveled by tornado last night

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tumbleweed, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Just saw the news from the devistating tornado in Greensburg, KS and I was wondering if any shooters or their families are affected by the storm.

Please pray for those involved and give your neighbor a hand if you can.

Tumbleweed

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I know you aren't trying to out tragedy each other here. Those poor folks lost all the memories they had in some cases. I hope they don't find a bunch more of them dead It's a heck of a deal to go thru a storm like that. Sure makes one think how lucky some of us were when a tornado hits town.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Slide show from Greensburg...

4. Nate_w

Nate_w TS Member

Makes me look forward to moving back to KS.

-N

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thoughts and prayers are with all of the families. What a terrible tragedy. I just hope that if they rebuild the town, that they learn something from photo 16 in the slideshow.

Brett D.

6. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I found it totally amazing that the old structures made it thru that horrible tornado fantastically. WOW. The weather here is strange this spring....storms coming from one direction and totally changing in the middle of them. This morning we had a storm come in from the Northwest as I look out my window right now....the wind is blowing from the Northeast. strange.

Jim, do you know of anyone affected in the trapshooting world?

Lorna

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

I really feel for those folks because I grew up in tornado country. Survived one that made a real believer of me. We had about 4 inches of new snow last night. We are very lucky in Wyoming. Just wind and snow.

8. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim:(Shootlow)I tried to call Bobby Martin Sunday A.M., but no phone connection was possible.Could you post when any news from him is heard ? I had a really good visit with him and his wife at KTA.She has a sister here in the KC Mo. area.He shoots here at KCTA 2-3 times a year while up here visiting.It was a real pleasure to see & talk to you again at Wichita....Your friend John..KS-OKIE.

9. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

looks just like Topeka KS. in '66

If anyone has personal knowledge of Greensburg trapsooters and thier friends and neighbors immediate personal needs please post it

10. seitzrobt

seitzrobt Member

I was at Hays yesterday and was told that Bobby Martin, Norman Shank, and Larry Schmidt all lost there homes. However there was NO loss of life among our shooters.The Geensburg gun club was also lost. This is what I was told yesterday at the Western Zone in Hays, Ks.
    Out Thoughts and Prayers go out to all the people of Greensburg, especially our immediate shooting family.

Rob Taylor and The Kansas Trapshooters Association.

11. olabell

olabell TS Member

Thank you, Rob for posting this, Burlie and I had been wondering if any of our friends were out there. Sure feel sorry for all of them and our rayers go out to them.
    Will hope to see you next week.
    Olabell

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Anybody in the KTA (or other clubs in Kansas) thought about having a benefit shoot to raise some money to help the people of Greensburg?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.