1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John S., Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John S.

John S. TS Member

A lot of clubs in my area are changes to green targets, with mostly green backgrounds I have found it to be difficult. Any suggestion on what color lenses to wear?

Thanks for you help.

2. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Try a blue lens.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Those green targets under the lights are great!

ec90t

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Color blind to red and green, they all look the same to me. HMB

5. Wingshotgod

Wingshotgod Member

Medium purple works pretty good for me. They deaden the background greens and let the brighter green target stand out. I was actully going to try some shade of light to mid green lenses. Wondering if anyone has tried those ?

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

hmb,

I'm another one of those red/green colorblind people. When those green targets are thown at night with good lighting they look like beachballs flying through the air. It doesn't mean I can hit them any better though. Lol.

ec90t

7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

What SR1 said. I have light and dark purple which seem to work OK, but if I had to shoot a steady diet of green birds (which I like) I'd buy a set of blue lenses.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like green targets against a solid background. They show up surprisingly well against green trees. I use a bronze lens for all the different targets I shoot against all backgrounds.

Pat Ireland

9. wanderer

wanderer Member

The decot hy-green works well with proper background. Have a set of blue glass lens for a decot frame, 67 m/m would ship for $25.00. Gary E. Gasaway.

10. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I always liked the green targets myself !

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I do not like green targets, anytime.

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam I am!

ec90t

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

I had never shot green targets until last year in Reno and I went from a 97 average down to a 93. They just look huge and I was shooting behind them all week.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hey Gary G. Is there anything you wont sell?

15. Brino

Brino Member

Be careful with blue ice lenses. My eyes were burning after shooting in the sun with them. I had to lay cold wet rags on my eyelids just to get some relief. My eye doctor later told me to stay away from blue lenses, he doesn't recommend them to anyone.

16. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Redlands Club in SoCal has been using green targets for it seems like forever. Some very good scores are shot there. I had a special set of green lenses made for me around 1983 or so just to use there and at Reno, Nevada. (Sage Hill)
    Worked very well. These lenses were made by Dr. Don Yochem, he is now in Apple Valley, California

Most shooters these days just use something like Target Orange and do very well on the green targets with that color.

Tom Strunk

17. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Post 4 Optics sells Kiwi Glow high def lenses that work pretty well. They're a light green color.

I used to hate green targets, but have shot enough of them now that it really doesn't matter anymore.

Jim

18. wanderer

wanderer Member

Barry:

These came from Post 4, supposedly used by USAF pilots. Just trying to dispose of the litter collected from over 47 yrs of shooting. Would offer a very mean German wife be don't think would have many takers. My last dog died several years ago. What else is there. GEG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.