1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GREEN RIVER BASIN

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Pocatello, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

According to the website above, your estimate of total oil is at least 150% over, and recoverable oil is almost triple. Also, it is not recoverable "now", but will take up to ten years to get into commercial production.

I remember flying from Washington DC to Salt Lake City on a clear afternoon a few years back. The last 45 minutes or so were directly over this area. Even then I was amazed by the density of drilling pads, from horizon to horizon. I imagine some were for natural gas, and others oil. You can see much the same thing driving through the area, say US 30 from the Idaho border to Rock Springs WY. I wonder how the area will change as the drilling ramps up.

As an aside, to show how much 4 trillion barrels would be, I come up with a layer of oil over four feet thick under the entire states of Wyoming and Utah combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.